Monday, May 23, 2016

Life Lately/Wknd Update

I hope everyone had a great (Long) Weekend!! It was a Long Wknd here in Canada, and, as usual, it rained for most of it :)

So...I am sure you have all been missing my blog posts!! Like I said earlier, I am in a bit of a funk in all areas of my life lately..and that includes Blogging.  We are in a bit of rough patch right now...I know this means the God is carrying us, but it is hard during the said tough time.

So....here are a few highlights from LAST wknd!!

I went to Vernon to hang out with my brother and SIL, and her younger siblings (while her parents were away). It was a fun connection, and I got to say at N and S's house, which was fun. We grabbed coffee at a local coffee house, and then went to Kelowna on Saturday, and wandered around the mall. Came back around and ate a late dinner, and hung out, then I went back to their house, and relaxed, and went to sleep. Sunday, I went to church, then I went out for coffee, and ended up grabbing lunch for we three "older ones", and we watched Big Bang for a couple of hours. We went back to her parents', and I ended up staying over there for the last night. I watched Ricki And the Flash, which was dumb, and hung out and went to bed.

I got up early, and helped the kids get off to school, then drove back home. I had our girls morning group, then back home, then to an appointment, then ran a few errands....and came home at 4:30, and promptly fell asleep. I also went over to a friends house for a bit, as she is going through a tough time right now. I came home around midnight, I think.

Tuesday (the 17th), we hung out in the morning, and watched a couple of tv shows. I think we watched MOTIVE, and who knows what else. Dad took us out to lunch at McD's, and Anker and I went to see the item that he bought, and helped him strap in the back of the truck. We came home, and I did laundry, FB'd, and dropped off something that someone bought from me on one of the bidding sites. I went to the library, and then visited my former neighbour and (still!!) friend, and I bought something from her. I went to Tim Horton's for a quick bite to eat, and then to Bible Study. I seemed to a bit a grumpy, so I left right after, and went to my friends house, where I picked up a sheep that I bought from her. We visited for a couple of hours, and then I came home.

Wed (18th), I was half planning on going to morning coffee group at the church, but I slept in, since I had had a bad sleep the night before. I also was hoping to get a few things done, which I didn't end up getting done. I also am trying to limit the trips I make up the hill, which didn't work, anyway, since I ended up going up there for our girls BBQ evening. We watched TV (2BG, Y&R, etc). I ended up leaving around 1:30, and went to the library, etc. I met up with my Aunt and Uncle for a few minutes. I grabbed a few things for hubby, and then came home, got my salad, and went to the BBQ. It was a fun evening, with lots of food!!! I came home around 10.

Thursday (19th), I relaxed in the morning, watched TV, and also watched CONVICTION, which was very good. I left around 1, and went to Starbucks for my free drink, and journalled there for a bit. I went to the library, and then ended up grabbing McD's for supper. I came home, and we quickly ate, and then I picked up my friend from her Bible Study, and drove her home. We visited for a couple of hours, then I came home.

I will do this past wknd update in a bit....

But first, here are some highlights from TWO weeks ago.

Monday (9th), The only thing I remember was that I had an appointment at 11. I think I ran a few errands, and probably went to the library. Those are the only things that I remember. I don't even have any clues as to what I did on my FB feed, nor did I write about it in my journal. I think I probably went to the store, as we did have baked Tortellini for supper. I think we just watched tv, etc.

Tuesday (10th), Again, I have no clue as to what I did. I think I relaxed in the morning, and ran errands (library, etc) in the afternoon. There was no Bible Study, so I probably went to the library until it closed. I think I watched TV in the evening, and went through some papers.

Wed (11th), I went to the morning coffee group, and took a friend home, went to Wal-Mart, and visited with her for awhile after I dropped her off. I hung out in the afternoon (who knows what I aldo did...errands, library, etc), and went out with a friend for Chinese food. She was such a sweetie, and paid for me. We went back to her house, and watched STILL ALICE, which was really good.

Thursday (12th), I relaxed in the morning, and picked up something from up town, and went to a park to hang out for a bit. It was a lovely day. I ended up helping my friend to pick up something, and drove her home. She treated me to an iced cap. Yum!!! I came home and watched the Thursday night line up, and who knows what else afterwards, and hung out.

Soooo...here are some highlights in our life lately....

Our garden is growing quite well. Our strawberries are almost ready. I had one this evening..it was DELISH!

Our kitties are nearly ready to be re-homed. Two were supposed to go today, but they are going tomorrow instead. They are so adorable, but very crazy/busy!

A, K, and H are home!!! All is right in the world again!!! A month is too long for them to be gone.

Anker and I doing ok...we are having some tough moments, which have been, well, tough, but we try to do things together, talk, and try to enjoy the good things in life.

I was actually a domestic diva the other day...I made muffins, and crisp...AND supper...and we actually made supper at home two nights in a row. Shocker, I know.

I am still heavily into magazines...but thankfully, most of them are from the library..I have been really doing well at not spending money on magazines lately.

I bought two t-shirts today. I NEEDED them. They were only 16 bucks altogether. You can't go wrong with that.

I haven't been enjoying our yard lately, but I did today (will write more about it later). It was heaven.

I don't think our neighbours are moving out now. Boo. Oh well. At least they have been a bit quieter.

I have been selling a few things on a few of the bidding sites. Not a lot of money, but enough for coffee, etc.

It was Canadian Infertility Week this past week, and I hope to write something on it.

Oh yes..ANKER WENT TO CHURCH for the first time I don't know how long. He has gone to the one at my parents, but that is all. He also helping with VBS (see below).

Ok..so on to this wknd..Yes, I know..long a$$ post...lol.

Friday, I actually got a lot of things done. I made phone calls, did some research, etc. I ran a few errands, including going to Wal-Mart, where I went in and out, only to realize that I was to buy some pet food and litter there. So, I went back inside. I also grabbed an outside chair, since Hubby broke his old one. I probably went to the library, then back home, where we had pork chops for supper. I watched Pioneer Woman, and JJ.

Saturday, my friend and I had plans to go out and check out garage sales, but it was RAINY, so I stayed home and watched two episodes of Dateline, and played on the computer. I went back out for awhile, and I went to the library, and then grabbed some groceries. I came home, and started dinner, and made rhubarb, strawberry crisp. I also watched another epi of DL, and DWTS( I have no clue on who I want to win...either Nyle or Ginger). We cleaned up the house in preparation for my brother and SIL coming. I went to my friends house for a couple of hours, then came home and went to bed.

Sunday, we went to church, and then to a friends house, where we talked about VBS. They have recruited hubby to help. He was so excited by the end of the meeting, and it made me very happy. We came home, and S and N came about 5. We visited, and S, N, and I went out to Shoppers Drug Mart (where they bought us each a Starbucks drink!), and then came home and watched Big Bang Theory, and ate left overs for supper. They went to bed, and I watched Y&R, and JJ.

Monday (today), we had a nice sleep in, and we made brunch, then N and I went to pick something up that I won on the bidding site. Came back, and waiting for my friends to pick up the kitties, and they ended up deciding to come tomorrow. N and I went back out, to hopefully check out a make up store, that ended up being closed, so we wandered around Chapters, and she bought me a Starbucks. We visited outside for awhile, and then found out that the store was closed, so we went to Wal-Mart instead. We looked at the make up for awhile, and I ended up buying two tops. Came home, and they left around 4. I went outside to enjoy the sun, yard, and swing, and read magazines, and called people. I came back inside, and just hung out for the rest of the day.

And no/yes..no pictures!

There you have it...our lives in a nutshell from the past two weeks. I will probably write a bit more depth on a few things later in the week.



No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...