Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's Day Wknd/Let's Be Friends Blog Hop

Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a good wknd! Mine/ours was...well...interesting!

Friday night, I worked, so that was pretty much moot. It was a good shift though, and they have hired another person, so that's good. It was a pretty relaxed shift. I came home and relaxed all evening. During the day, which was pay day, I relaxed in the morning, and ran around and got the newest magazines, and went to the chiropractor. All before work.

Saturday, Anker and I went to the Farmers' Market and met up with K and H. We got some plants for our garden, and bought a few things. Then we went to to Jysks to grab a shower curtain and a few things. Came home and relaxed and did a few things. I ran back out and met up with A, K, and H for a few minutes at Big Little Science Centre where they were holding a Mining Day. It was actually kind of interesting, but since I went alone, and I had other things to do, I didn't stay long. I went to grab a few things, the library, and came home and relaxed in the sun. I went back to try to return something, and then went to look after H. We had a lovely dinner, and watched his favourite NF show; Paw Patrol, and Puss in Boots. I just chilled and Facebooked.

Sunday, started out VERY interesting! Anker came in all in a huff, b/c he had tried to pick up something that he had found Kijjiji, but he couldn't remember the address, and he had forgotten his phone. I went back up with him, and then we came home and relaxed. We had brunch together, and just tootled around here. I sat outside for awhile, which was WONDERFUL! (I may have done that yesterday, too). Oh yes, that thing that Anker bought for us? It was a wooden futon frame! We ended up putting it together, which took about 45 minutes. After that was done, I decided to grab some Screamers (slurpees with ice cream mixed in), and some makings for nachos. Yummy! We had a nice night; watching/catching up on Call the Midwife. Oh yah, and I called my mom :) I was feeling kind of guilty that I wasn't there with her this year (it has been the first in a few years since we haven't been there with her for/on MD), but she told me she was getting her new fridge, so I felt less guilty! But it sure did feel weird not being there.

So, that was our wknd.

I was going to write a whole post on/about what I feel on Mother's Day, but to be honest, it gets tiring, it's depressing, and it is pretty much just the same stuff over and over. I WILL say that it was a little harder than some years, though. I was a bit emotional in the morning, but I tried not to dwell on it too much. I got a sweet text from my SIL, and a few people on FB said some nice things, which was nice. It would have nice if Mom had acknowledged or said something, but sometimes, it's just nice when no one says anything.


Here are a few things that I found/were posted on m page, along with some that I have found/remembered reading and I bookmarked them (though some of them are from blogs that I follow)....


In Case Mother's Day is Hard on You. Read it here
For those Who Hurt on MD. Read it here.
An Open Letter to Pastors. Read it here
I Could Have a Baby, but She Could not. Read it here
For those waiting to be Mothers. Read it here
Imagine you are Infertile. Read it here
Why I hate Mother's Day. Read it here

...and now for the pictures...

                                                 The new magazines that I bought.
                               This was me pretty much all wknd. Well, parts of the wknd.
                                                         Nacho night. Yummy!
                                                       The Shower curtain. Love it.

                          The garden hubs is putting in. Things are starting to come up already.


                                            The temps were pretty much like this all wknd.
                                                            The fans have come out!!

On Monday night, my girlfriends and I met at Starbucks for our semi monthly coffee date. I wasn't sure what I wanted, but I saw on their menu board that they had Razzle Dazzle...I asked what it was...it was a Frappicino on their secret menu...so I got it. It was good, save for the chocolate chips that were in it. I would just ask for no CC's next time.
                                                      I love their new oat bars. Yummy.
Linking up with...

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...