Major Randomness/Friday Link Ups/Let's be Friends Blog Hop

I am starting this on Thursday (that's today!!), so that I can link up for the Friday link ups...actually ON THE DAY that they start!

I am actually not feeling well at the moment...I was going to call in sick, but, there isn't any coverage, and I worked an extra shift and a half this pay period, so if I don't call in sick, I will get more money! Oh, and I actually want to go :)

This will be a MAJOR random post...I hope you are all ok with that...

*********It is now Tuesday, and I am HOPING to finish this post TODAY, plus I will now be linking up with the Let's Be Friends Blog Hop as well.***************

Last Weekend: Well, it would not be considered two wknds ago! Ha! So, TWO wknds ago, I decided to go out visit the parents. Anker wasn't feeling well AT ALL, so I went alone. It was actually a fun time. I don't have ANY problem in going and doing things alone, even if it means doing something (going somewhere) out of town. First though, on Friday (again, two wknds ago), I hung out with Krystle and H for a bit. I took H to Tim Horton's and drove him home, and hung out with them for a bit. After going to the library, I went to work. I worked until 11, and came home. I know, exciting and wild. I didn't know for sure until I was leaving until the very last minute, cause I am very indecisive that way. I waffled up until the very last minute (do I stay home and watch TV/movies all wknd, read mags, etc, or do I visit with family?) I am SO glad I did. After grabbing a few groceries for Anker, and dropping something off, I was on my way. I had a bit of an adventure, as there was a delay for a couple of hours. A tree had fallen on a power pole, causing all traffic both ways to stop. Thankfully, I had my phone, and magazines :) I had a great wknd; Mom and I went for lunch after church, and we had a great visit; probably one the best in a long time. I had short visits with my aunt, and spent time with my "little" brother. We four watched The Gathering Storm (very good), and started watching "The Grand Budapest Hotel", and thought it was horrible, and we turned it off. I think it was the first time that it was just Dad, Mom and their oldest (that's me) and youngest (Isaac) child were together. So col! Mom and I even read some magazines together while I was there (see below)! So fun. I had a nice visit with Cadence on the way home. It was a great wknd, even though it wasn't super-relaxing. I picked up a shift on Monday (well, they called me a few days prior asking me), (which was part of the reason that/why I was waffling, cause I had one less day to, well, relax), so I left around 10 and visited Cadence on the way. I grabbed A&W along the way, and since I had a few minutes to kill before going to work, I grabbed a Tim's coffee and donut and sat in the sun. All in all, it was a great wknd. I didn't take ANY pictures (not even of our yummy salads!), which kind of made me sad, but I also didn't want to spend a bunch of time taking pictures, either.
 The delay at Barriere. 2.5 hours of waiting. Thankfully, my purse was very understanding.

I tend to overpack. Just a tad.

Magazine Addict:  I have loved magazines for as long as I can remember. I blame my mother. Ha! When I was young, she would get Good Housekeeping (among other magazines), and she would store them downstairs in the sewing room and I would sit for HOURS pouring over them again and again. As I grew up, I started getting my own magazines, based on my own interests at the time. I have had TONS of magazines in storage that I only just gave away in the last few months. I only keep a few good ones in our bedroom closet. In case you haven't noticed, I am a bit of a magazine addict. Like, I seriously have a problem. I think it's getting worse. I buy some of them, but I get A LOT of them from the library. I have always loved People, US Weekly, and Woman's World, but I also love RedBook, Cosmo, Glamour, Canadian Living, Chatelaine, Canadian House and Home, Style at Home, and tons more. The problem is me getting them, and not reading them, for like, well, ever. I will USUALLY read People and US Weekly (the new issues) as soon as I get (buy, borrow) them, but the older they are, the longer they tend to go unread. It can be for a number a reasons: Working, Blogging, Facebook, watching TV, spending time with family, hubby, etc. At any rate, I have way too many lying around, spend too much time reading them (I know I should be reading the Bible, and other good-for-you books..hey, even a novel-something I haven't done in a LONG time...just can't quite get into them lately-would be a good change), though I try to not make myself feel too guilty about it, since I DO work, run errands, etc. And no, I would not switch to e-nook. or whatever they're called...I love the feel of them...the shine,, reading on a screen for too long of a time hurts my eyes

Going/Coming into Town: I was thinking about this the other day as I was driving from one end of the city to the other. We live in the town that I grew up coming into town with my family to do major errands/appointments, etc. To be honest, even though I LOVE this town, and I really don't think I would want to move anywhere else (unless we were called to, of course..cause you can't argue with God!), it has lost some of its magic (granted, I think A LOT of things lose some of their magic as/when we grow up...don't you agree?). I remember coming into the "Big City" (which btw was only made once a month), and getting out of the car, and smelling the sulphur air (I am probably the only person who loves that smell, btw), ad being SO HAPPY that we were in the city; and then into the first store, or place of business and smelling the wonderful smell of paint, tile, fabric (many an hour were/was spent there, let me tell you. That was back when Mom sewed WAY more than she does now). We BEGGED our parents to have lunch, probably way earlier than we should have. Going into the restaurant, which was fast food, or family-style, where they had the all-you-can-eat buffet, and then it was off to the next place. I always hoped that we would stay for supper, too, and quite often, we would. About twice a year or so (not including other holidays we would take), we would come and stay in a motel/hotel. It was the best, let me tell you! All those memories are firmly etched in my mind. Fun times.

Taxes: We did our taxes (which only took hubby like 12 minutes to do), and we got over $1000 back. We were SO happy. We put some extra money on bills, and Anker got his bike frame (more on that later), and the rest we are wanting to save for moving, etc.

Date Day with Hubby: Last Wednesday, hubby and I had an impromptu date day. It all started with our getting our blood drawn together. I know. We live such wild life. Then we ran a few errands (can't remember what they were now, but we had stuff to do, that I know), the bank (we got our tax refund the day before), and hubby got a much needed hair cut, we got groceries, and I even dragged him to Starbucks. We came home for a bit, and then went out that evening for dinner at White Spot. I was given a GC from my prayer sister, so I wanted us to use that. We each had the fish and chips. Neither of us were feeling great, and that just put us (or at least me) over the edge. We went to Wal-Mart, and I nearly fainted, I was feeling so bad. I came home, and went to bed almost immediately. But, it was a fun day, anyway!

Now for this Past Wknd: On Friday, Anker and I drove to Williams Lake to grab a bike frame that he was wanting that he had found online. Again, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, but I went anyway, so we could spend time together (you would have thought that I would have read a TON of magazines that day, but I didn't). It was a great trip (3.5 hours EACH way!). He had never been past 100 Mile House (where we went a few years ago), and I hadn't been up that way in AGES! It was a fun (even though tiring) trip, and I even took a few pictures. I wish I had taken more. We went to the motorbike shop (yawn!), and I had a nice chat with the owner's wife, so that helped ease the wait. I did sit in the car and read for a bit, and took pics of the bike graveyard, so it wasn't AS boring as I thought it was going to be. We met up with someone else who had a part that Anker wanted. We grabbed McD's on the way out, stopped at the place where my aunt and uncle are staying, and got home at around 9:30. I worked Saturday and Sunday, both 12 hour days, which actually went quite well. It was fairly relaxing, which was good. I bought a Bissell vacuum for work, which we may end up buying from them, since they don't think they want it, so that actually makes me happy. I also went hot-tubbing with one of the clients, which was just fine with me. It was a beautiful wknd, and I was actually kind of sad that I was working, but at least I got out, which is good.

Kamloops Lake

 There's copper in them there hills.
 Do you see the red?

A few pictures of our day trip: In the Cariboo.

And a little something - something to make you Smile: Please check out this video of some of our family and friends' cool dance moves. The first guy on there is my brother, and the last guy is my dad (by the tractor). I expecting Beyonce to give them a call real soon! This was made by Shannon Lyon who was renting my family's cabin for a couple of years, which he also turned into a studio (who was the person who ended up saving my husband when he fell off the quad last year). I hope you get a few laughs from watching it (it was also filmed on/near my family's sheep ranch).


Popular posts from this blog

Five on Friday/Life Catch Up

Five on Friday (And Happy New Year)!!!

Five on Friday!