Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thirty Days of Truth, Day 3

Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.

Wow..this is a tough one! There are a lot of things that I have done that I have regretted in life, but there really isn't one thing that I haven't forgiven myself for...hmm....:)

There are a few things that I have to forgive myself for, but I won't post them here. I want to be careful that I don't involve a lot of people when I am talking about my personal thoughts, etc. I really try (at least, I think I do!!) to talk about just our life, and casually, when appropriate, talk about other family members or friends. I only name a few of my family members on here in general, and sometimes only use their first initial. When I talk about really personal things, I usually don't bring other ppl in it..or if I do, I don't say their name (ok, now I will have to go through my posts, and see if I have actually done this!!). Anyway, this isn't really part of today's post!!

So...yes, there have been times when I have done dumb things, and I wish I hadn't done them!! I am generally a pretty practical, and "safe" person. I don't sky dive, or bungee jump...I don't take crazy risks (not usually!), nor do I walk blindly into situations.

This particular thing that I am going to say isn't really something I need to "forgive" myself for, but it is something that I wish I had done w/ more care, and information, etc..but for the purpose of this post, I will publish it...

I wish I had not taken the Pill, and not for as long as I did.

I started taking the Pill at the age of 20, and I was on and off for 10 years. I was on it specifically for my cycles, and cysts. In same ways, this was good, b/c it helped w/ my cycles, but in other ways, I wish I had just stopped sooner. I am sure that it is playing havoc w/ my fertility, and I am sure that I gained weight, and my depression was caused, in part probably b/c of the pill. No one gave me any information on other forms of trying to control my cycles. PCOS was hardly heard of nor talked about (I actually was not Diagnosed until about 2 years ago), otherwise, they may just put me on Metformin. It was just something that I walked into blindly, and I wish that I would have more information, and was given more options.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...