Sunday, June 10, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up-The People-y Edition

These weekend wrap ups won't be in chronological order, but since they were semi-interesting, I thought I would do a quick up date. A good friend died a few weeks ago, and her funeral was last weekend. She was an amazing lady; loved Jesus, and loved people!!! I hadn't gone to the ranch since the end of April, and even though I had just been away the week prior, I wanted a weekend away again. Anker chose to stay home, again. Sigh...it is what it is :) This was last wknd: June 1-3.

Friday: I left around 5 (after errands and packing), and was suddenly craving a Teen Burger Combo, so I got one on the way out. #priorities #cravings I got there at around 7. We just hung out and visited until 10:30 or so. This is what my bed looks like when I sleep alone:
I also have the laptop with me, and I will put something in at night.

Saturday: I slept in, and helped Mom with dishes. I hung out until I had to get ready, then we went to the funeral. Dad officiated both the service and the gravesite. (On a very sad side note, a little boy was killed a few days prior, and his funeral was the same day...and his burial plot was next to Oma's. It broke my heart!!) One of the things I like most about funerals (and other events) is catching up with friends that you haven't seen in ages. I had fun catching up with friends who I don't see often (even though we live in the same city!). We came home around 6:30, and we made supper. We had Greek Salad, rice and sausages, and we watched The Greatest Showman. It.Was.Amazing!! We went to bed around 9:30, but I read, and played on my phone until midnight, or so.



Sunday: I slept in, and slowly got ready for church. Church, then lunch/snacks afterwards. My sister in law, C and I were planning on visiting for awhile at her house, but we decided to go to a Mary Kay Party that a friend was hosting. We thought we would go for 10 minutes, and we ended up staying over an hour. Mom bought me some cleanser that I wanted, and I bought some eye makeup remover and some shaving cream for Anker. I also won some sun screen and after sun care. I went back, packed, and hung out some more, and then saw C on the way home. I got back around 8:30. I ran into Save On to grab a few things, and was home by 9. That, my friends was my weekend. As the post title suggests, it was a very people-y (or people-filled) weekend. I was quite happy to return home, but I did have a great time. Anker said he had a good wknd at home. He tended to the garden and he watched TV.




No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...