Friday, June 29, 2018

Five on Friday-End of School, Summer, and Canada Day Edition


Well, I was going to post this last week, but I guess I forgot! I will post a few from the last couple of weeks!

1) Schools Out/Gifts/Bucket List

Our school finished last week. Y'all, it was bittersweet to leave last Friday, but it had to be done! The kids were all so sweet and gave me some sweet gifts. I even got a couple of of gifs from the teachers. I also made a bucket list for I/we to do. I will see on how much I/we get done!




2) Trip to the Ranch

Anker and I went to the ranch for a few days. We had a wonderful time, despite it being cold. The rain is needed, so we weren't super sad, but we were still sad. Anker had fun doing projects, and I had fun dong, well, nothing! I did manage to do a cooking show for my Tupperware page (Ellen should be calling me any day now!), and I was hoping to swim in the pool, but it never got warm enough. I did have some visits with family, which was great. It was great not to have to leave on Sunday!




3) Staff Brunch

Our staff had their usual End of Year Staff Brunch on Wednesday. It was SO good, and it was great to see everyone again before summer. A few people are leaving. so there were "roasts" to/for them. I had to duck out early, due to an appointment that I couldn't cancel, but I stayed for most of it. I didn't take any pictures, but I did take one of the muffins that I made for it.


4) Lazy

I am having fun doing nothing! Well, that's not quite true. I am reading. Watching tv/movies. I am very busy! Ha! I am spending time at the library, and at Starbucks (sadly, when my GC money runs out on my Starbucks card, there will not be many this summer!).


5) Books

I have started reading books again. I have started reading Max Lucado's "Before Amen", and I really like it. I also am reading (slowly) Danielle Steel's new book called "The Cast'. So far, so good. I was reading them in order, but I am now so far behind, and I know there are a few that I don't think I will read, so I will read the books that I think look good.




6) Class Field Trip

Last Wednesday, our class took a trip to the park. It was a lovely day, and we all had fun. We took the wrong bus back (not sure how, as I know the bus system), so we had to walk back a further than was planned. Oops! I didn't take any pictures from the day, but it was fun!

7) Our Garden

Our garden is growing and Anker has made 3 types of jams. They are DELISH! Peas have also started coming up :)






8) Date

Anker and I went on a date on Wednesday. We went to the Frenchie's Poutinerie place again, and it was really good! I think that I am done with poutine for awhile, though! We had a little shopping trip to the store on the way home.



9) Parties/Home Business Products

I went to an Epicure party last night, and I bought nearly $40 worth of stuff, but I decided that it was for food, so it was ok :) I cannot wait to get them! A co-worker is selling BeautyCounter skin care products, and I have been wanting to try them for awhile, so I finally decided to buy some Body Wash. I really love it! I also have been having some fun with my Tupperware business! I went to the meeting on Tuesday, and I got some Servelier bowls. They are pink! I might take a picture of them later (I usually take a picture of my TW haul when I get back, but I forgot, and now two of them are being used). I also am on my group a bit more. I am not making any money from it, but it is fun to get some products at a few bucks off.


10) Summer Shopping and Summer Drinks

I went shopping at Penningtons the other day, as I had a 50% off coupon to use. I bought some Capri pants, two shirts (one of which I took back and exchanged), and I ended getting a sports bra, b/c you, know..#goals. I also have discovered coconut milk. The Barista at Starbucks suggested that I try the Acai Strawberry Refresher with CM, and it was SO GOOD! I also tried the Mango Dragonfruit Refresher, and it was really good, too.








                       How Canadian would I be if I didn't have at least one Ice Cap this summer?
I may buy expensive drinks, but I am cheap when it comes to buying sunglasses. These are dollar stores ones!

There was a fire last Thursday that kind of scared everyone. It was a grass fire up in the hills (kind of behind us). Thankfully, it was put out pretty quick, but I was able to get some pictures of it.









No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...