Saturday, June 16, 2018

Victoria Day Long Weekend, and A Wedding

Yes, it has been awhile since our MD/VD long wknd, but I wanted to still blog about it, b/c you know...#gottafitin. Because this post is going to pretty long, and I have 100 pics, I won't be posting many (if at all) pics on/in this post. You can find them on my IG account here.

We had a four day wknd the wknd of 18-21 of May. The teachers had a Pro D Day, but we EA's had the day off. I gotta admit, even though we lost money for not having a PD Day, it was nice to have 4 days off. We were all tired, and needed it! Since it has been almost a month since the long wknd, I cannot fully remember what I did..I am going solely on IG pics :)

Thursday: After work, I ran around and did some errands. I actually did a Day in the Life post on that day. You can find this post here. I got a few thrift finds, had dinner, and watched tv.

Friday: I honestly cannot remember exactly what I did, but I am pretty sure that I slept in. I ran a few errands, and then I grabbed sushi, and headed for the park. It was kind of cool, but it was still nice to sit outside. I came home, and we had dinner. I think I watched TV. I started watching a bit of the Royal Wedding, but I was tired, so I went to bed.


Saturday: I slept in, and then I watched 4 out of the 7 hours of the Royal Wedding. I thought the wedding itself was really nice. I am not a huge fan of her dress...especially since it cost 1M$ and she also wore another dress to the reception. #whatawaste #theymusthavemoneytothrowaway. After that, I went outside and relaxed for an hour or so. I think after that, I went out to run some errands. I went and bought a wedding gift for my cousin who's wedding was the next day. After buying and wrapping said wedding gift, I check out a spot for our family picnic. **June 16**We were worried that it would be too much flooding in the park, but it was fine. I came home and hung out. **Not June 16** I don't remember what else I did, to be honest. I probably watched TV or movies.


***June 16/18: I seem to be lagging on the Blog front lately. I will try to finish this in the next day or so...or hopefully when I am on Summer Break***

Sunday: I got up, and I got ready to go. Anker drove me to meet Mom, and then she and I drove the wedding. Vienna and Isaac had driven the day before for a cousins breakfast with Grandma, but for reasons that I won't post here (lest they would bore you),  I didn't go. I needed the time to chill and relax...not being spent around a ton of people. Mom and I had a nice trip and visit on the way to Kelowna (about 2.5 hours' drive). We got to our Air B n B, got ready to go, and went to the wedding at/for 4. As for our Air BnB, you can find the link here. You can go to my IG (you will need to scroll down a bit) for the pics and my personal review. I would give it an 8.5 out of 10 stars. Their original wedding venue got flooded, so the wedding was held in/at the reception site. I didn't get many good pics of the ceremony, as they were standing in front of the window. Between the wedding and reception, we just wandered around and visited. I was SO hungry, so after my brother drove me around trying to find something to eat, I found two places around the corner. I ended up having a HUGE serving of garlic bread! I would HIGHLY recommend Dunzees Pizza! It was really good. Mom stayed behind to look after the grandkids, while the rest of of us hung out at the reception. Truth be told, it was SO loud, that I could hardly hear anyone! I have no clue as to why people have their reception in places where voices carry, and is not conducive to parties. Ugh! Half the people left (well, ok..about 10) right after the dinner. Anyway, I am still glad that I went. They had a donut wall! Yum!!! After said dinner, dessert, and games, the dance started. I was kind of in a down mood when it started, and I was thinking seriously of going back our place, but I actually ended up having fun! I love group dancing! We left at around 10:30. We got back to the place, and I got ready for bed. We all slept really well.

                                              Have I mentioned that I love where we live?

                                                                      Our Air BNB
                                       See what I mean? I couldn't really get a good picture.
                                              The garlic bread that I got. And yes, I shared.

                              The dance. I loved on how the candles and lights glowed at night :)
                                  You can find the rest of the pics on IG (or on my FB page)

Monday: We kind of slept in. We had a quick breakfast, and then Mom and I left at around 10. I drove back, as Mom had some studying to do. We all met at the local park for our family picnic. Anker joined us (he knew he had to, or his name would be mud), and he had a fun time. It was fun hanging out with the family. We rarely hang out just US, and it was so fun! The kids had fun playing together, and we also took pictures. We also went to Scoopz for ice cream, and that was SOOOOO fun! After ice cream, and wandered around the park for a bit, and then we starting making our way towards home. We spent the rest of the evening relaxing and watching TV.

                                            Our family picnic at the park. It was a tad flooded.

                             And, that, my friends was my/our May Long/Victoria Day Wknd!!!

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...