Tuesday, October 10, 2017

All About My Weekends/Let's Be Friends Blog Hop

I am linking up with the Let's Be Friends Blog Hop this week!

I say the term "I" vs "we" as Anker and I spent two weekends in a row apart. Last wknd, I looked after H for the weekend, and last wknd (Canadian TG) Anker was really sick, so he didn't come out with me. He is feeling a bit better, but his cough seems to have returned.

So, last wknd....

Friday: Work, ran some errands, packed, probably did laundry, then went out to meet up with my girl's group and had supper to celebrate our friends birthday. We ate out at a local Greek restaurant, and it was SO GOOD!! As A and K were leaving the next morning, I stayed overnight Friday. We visited and watched THE BLIND SIDE, and went to bed.


Slept until 8 (too early, but better than 6:30), saw A and K off, had breakfast, then H and I made a list of things that we wanted to. We watched some TV (I think?), and then headed over to PDK Cafe for donuts and coffee/hot chocolate. YUMMO!!! We went to our house for a a half hour or so, as I had to get a few things, and H wanted to see Kitty. Anker and him had QUITE the conversation! It was all rather cute! Went to the library, and to Sticky's Candy. B/C clearly, the kid didn't have enough sugar! We did have two stores, then one closed a couple of years ago, then we only had one, but it was large...with lots of candy. That closed this summer, and a smaller one has opened up. It only has packaged candy, which is probably for the best...but I still miss the larger selection (not that I went in much). We went to Bath and Body Works, where I still had some money to spend on a gift card that I got. I got some more hand sanitizers, and H wanted some, too, so I gave him two :) He thought it was a hoot. He LOVED being in the store, and was SO GOOD! I thought that he would have been bored, but he loved smelling everything (short of him picking out the furthest one back)!! It was all rather comical. We came home and watched a movie, and had pizza and soup, and then he went to bed, and I ended up settling upstairs and watched MADE OF HONOR. I love that movie!

                                                      My donut. It was a coffee crunch. Yum! I had their PSL, and it wasn't that great, but the donut was fab!
The four remaining hand sanitizers after I gave two to H.

 Pizza and Soup. 


H actually let me sleep in until 8:00!!! We ended up going to the second service at church, so we had a nice leisurely breakfast. We went to church (one right across the street from them), where I know a lot of people, so that was kind of fun. We came home and had left over soup and I made some sandwiches, and then we went to Starbucks. We came home and waited for his parents to come home. After they came home, I came home and chatted with Anker and got ready for the week. I probably watched TV, etc.
                                                         Starbucks has Kettle Corn!!

So....this last weekend:

Friday was a PD Day at school, and we EA's didn't have to be there, so I loved having a 4 day wknd...so, my weekend actually started on Thursday. I went to a local thrift store to check out their clothes, and shoes. I think I went to the library. I got a few things from the grocery store, and came home. I don't remember what all I did, but I think I watched TV all evening.

Friday: I slept in, and then ended going to do some shopping. I bought jeans, and two pairs of bras. I know, very exciting. I went to Starbucks, and then to the library, then came home. It was nice to just have a day to chill. I ended up making the pretzel salad that I was to bring, and I am SO glad I did. It took me nearly two hours (though I was doing laundry and dishes and the same time). I started packing, and I went to bed around 12 or 1 am. I think I did some blogging.

                                          I had a PSL with their PSL whipped cream! Yum!

Saturday: Anker was in NO shape to come along, so I went alone. I was sad, but I am also used to going out to the ranch on my own now, so it was kind of nice. I like being on my own...on my own schedule, etc. I made a few stops, and got to the ranch around 1. We sat down for dinner at 3:30. I won't post a ton of pics, but I will post most of them on my IG feed (some of them are already there). We went for our annual Thanksgiving Walk, and then ate pie and pumpkin squares when we got back. We played games and visited. Cool fact: A and K invited some friends of theirs from their church. I knew she was American, and after dinner, I asked her were in OK she was from..she said from around Tulsa..as a joke, I asked her if she knows Ree Drummond..and she does! She doesn't know her well, but her grandpa and Ladd's family (used to?) farm together. Pretty cool, huh!! I went back to the cabin where I was staying, and went to bed around 11:30.

Pictures from Saturday:

                                                Fall foilage. This never gets old.
                                                                 My sister V, and I.
                                                               Pie and tea. Yum!!!

Sunday: I slept in, read mags, and drank tea, then headed to the house to get to church. Came home after church, and started a fire in the wood stove, and read for an hour or so. I went back to the house, and we all lounged and lazed around. I visited with Dad and Adam, and then Mom, H, V and I all played Dominoes. It doesn't matter who won!! :) I played on my laptop, and then Mom and I read magazines together. I went back to the cabin around 8:30 or so. I read for a bit, and was in bed by 10:30.

The going from my aunt and uncle's house towards another part of the ranch...and to the cabin.
                                  I figured that I had better get at least one picture of the sheep!

Monday: I was up around 8, and played on my phone for a bit. I got dressed, and then we all had a pancake and egg brunch at the house. FYI: I still can't fry a soft egg to save my life. Oh well. We had a wonderful visit, and then it was time to get ready to go home. V helped me pack, and then I left around 12. I grabbed a coffee at Tim Horton's on the way home, and got home around 2. I unpacked, talked with Anker, and ended up organizing my CD's. #geek. I had brought home some turkey, but we  kind of wanted a bit more, so I went and grabbed a few things and we had a little (and kind of sad) Thanksgiving Dinner while we watched the news. I talked with Aunty June, and I watched TV.

No comments:


Just a few things.... Eggnog is still available! Anker ran to get a few things this morning, and he brought home some eggnog!! I shoul...