Yes, I am a bad blogger!! I was hoping to blog before Christmas, but I never ended up getting around to it. Remember when I was asking "Where are you, Christmas?" Well, I finally started getting out of my slump (or whatever it was) a few days later, so I managed to get enjoy getting ready for Christmas.

I finally was able to finish off the rest of my blood work that I couldn't get done from the 15th. It was much easier this time.

Ok..well, I finally was able to get ready, and shop for Anker, and bake, bake, and bake again! I even gave some baking to some neighbours, cause I am nice, like that.

I had to work until the 22nd (that day, too), and I spent the 23rd getting ready to go. I finally found some pants that fit me that that were long enough for me, and I did some shopping (for gifts). Like I said, I baked, and baked. It was fun...I really love doing that sometimes.

The morning of the 24th, Anker and I got ready to go. The one good thing of having NO SNOW, was that the roads were perfect. We picked up Isaac's (Anker got his name) Christmas 8 week-old puppy, who he ended up naming Ginger. She was pretty good on the ride over. Even though we got a travel kennel for her, I held her the entire time..I just love puppies. There was hardly any traffic, which really surprised me. We had to hide her and Adam's, so Isaac wouldn't (obviously) see her.

Had a nice Christmas eve. Mom made clam chowder, and that was the only meal (other than Christmas Dinner) that we all had together. Anker went and fell and hurt his back (he is better now..he's still a bit sore, though), and was down for the rest of the evening. Our church had a Christmas Eve service..the first we've had in about 30 years. It was a nice service, but Anker couldn't attend, so I was a bit grumpy.

Came home and had egg nog, and visited. Helped with the stuffing, and by then Anker was feeling better, so we went and visited Aunty Valerie and Uncle John. It has always been at tradition to visit Val (then her and John) at Christmas Eve. We also usually go for a walk, but b/c of the C. E Service, and b/c there was so much ice (which thankfully, melted the next day) we didn't go. Came back from V&J's and finished up the stuffing, which had long since been abandoned.

Christmas Day was nice...It's different not having any little kids long it was the younger siblings, and until a few years, ago, we had young kids BEGGING to open gifts, etc (and no adults, of course!!), so it was nice to have to rush into anything (although we did put up a "fight" to have to wait until 9 to open

Had our communion, and then we opened our stockings, and had breakfast. Dad and Isaac fed sheep, which is usually spread out the night before, but we had to divert Isaac, so we could get the puppy and wrap her up. Isaac was SO surprised to see the puppy!She pretty much spent the day in his arms. So, had a nice quiet morning. I got the 13th Season of ER from Adam (who had my name), and a watch and earrings from Anker. We also got some drinking glasses and I got some perfume, as well as various small gifts. The rest of Christmas Day was nice. Made and had dinner..yummy, as usual...and played some games, and watched one episode of "Columbo" that Mom gave Dad.

The rest of the time was spent visiting, and watching TV. Had a nice visit w/ Mom, and also saw my aunty June a couple of times. Visited Aunty Valerie and Uncle John. Had supper with friends and watched "Inception". Ended having a girls day with my sister on Boxing Day after church. Grabbed some lunch and went "Boxing Day" Shopping at the only place that was open..Fields! Read abit, and just generally relaxed. (not that I don't do that at home!)

Came home on the 29th, and just hung out and relaxed for the next few days. We stayed home for NYE, and watched ER, and had Chinese food. Anker didn't want to navigate the roads, and I wasn't feeling well, so I stayed home with him. New Years Day, I ended up visiting some friends. Church was the next day, and we had friends over for supper. We were given a turkey (along with other stuff) from our church, and we wanted to share it w/ someone. It was a nice evening, but I sure was tired after.

Our neighbours have moved out! At least, I think so. This makes me happy.

So, we've had snow the last few days..I love it, but I hate driving in it.

My throat feels odd tonight. I am hoping that it is just burnt from my hot chocolate that I had this morning.

Back to work on the third.

I finally got the results from my neuro about my Spinal tap results, and I don't have MS..this also makes me very happy!!

We did go and watched "Dawn Treader" and we really liked it.

That's all for now...Hope everyone had a great NY!!


Popular posts from this blog

Five on Friday/Life Catch Up

Five on Friday (And Happy New Year)!!!

Five on Friday!