Monday, December 20, 2010

Busy Weekend

Well, it is late, and I should be in bed, but I thought I would quickly (?) blog about the last few days.

First, on Wednesday, we went to my genetsists appointment at RIH. They come here about 2-3 times a year, and they had a cancellation, so we were able to get in. As far as having children goes, they don't seem to think that there should be a problem. They gave me some blood work to do, and I was only able to have have part of it done, so I will get the rest done this week. It takes about 8 weeks to get the results. I was able to get my CF testing done, too. As far as having a child of ours having Turners' Syndrome, she didn't think I would pass it on to the baby, so I am very happy about that. I am not sure that I mentioned this b4, but there is an "x" missing from one of my chromosones. Odd, hey?

On Thursday, the Christmas spirit finally arrived..so I made some cookies, the first of about 10 dozen (types). Yay! I am bringing some home to my family, as well as to our neighbours, and to our pastoral staff.

Friday, we went to the neurologists appointment, only to discover that he didn't have my LP results! The hospital wouldn't send them to him. I was not impressed. I am hoping that I can see my Family Dr. this week or next to get the results.

I think our neighbours are moving..this would make me happy! They have actually been more quiet lately..so that also makes me happy.

We have been given some extra gifts, so we have gone shopping for some extra fun things, and some baking ingredients.

Friday evening was my work Christmas party. I dragged Anker out, and we actually enjoyed ourselves. It was at the Keg, and the food was very good! We even came home with some chocolates:) Friday evening, I started on some Christmas cards, and we watched the last half of a cute Christmas movie on TV.

Saturday, I had a nice long chat with a good friend, and then I started baking more cookies, and I went to a movie with my next door neighbour. It wasn't the greatest movie, but it was ok. Came home and made even more cookies, and got ready for a party at my friends house across town. That was when it started to snow. Lovely. Actually, it was nice and pretty, just not great for driving. The party was fun, and we had lots of yummy food, and laughter, while some Christmas classics droned on in the background. Came home in worse road conditions...I hate driving in the snow. I also found a pack of "Dutch Blitz" cards laying around, and asked if anyone wanted to play. I hadn't played that game in probably 4 or 5 years. It's a good thing my heart is in (fairly) good shape, b/c man, was that game intense!

Sunday, a lovely church service, and then out to lunch with friends. Came home and relaxed, even though there were dishes to be done. Watched "The Dawn Treader" Sunday night, complete with popcorn and pop. (We got that as a Christmas gift)It was actually a good movie, and I don't usually like fantasy.

I made shortbread for the FIRST TIME EVER today, and it turned out really good! I am not a HUGE shortbead person, but I like it once in awhile. I used my Uncle's mom's recipe (not my gramma, in case you were wondering), and I will definitely use it again. I even salvaged the second batch when I accidently melted the butter..oops!

I make a much better candy cane hot chocolate that Tim Hortons:)

Ok..I was just about to close, when I wondered if I had written about last wknd, and I had not..soo..here goes..

Just the highlights..
I attended "Uncle Phil's Diner", our Christmas concert/play last Friday (10th). It was good, but I missed Anker being in it. I also ran errands, and I had coffee with my friend before the play.

Saturday, I just sat and enjoyed our tree, while our fake fireplace played on the DVD/TV, and Christmas music played. I read Christmas magazines, and i had yummy hot chocolate.

A friends mom invited me for coffee at Starbucks..she even paid..triple yum! I just hung out on Saturday night...

Sunday, I went to church alone, and grabbed Mcd's w/ some friends. Watched "Amazing Race" in the evening, and I am very glad the Doctors won! I can't wait until Feb. 20..the all stars!

Tuesday, I went to a friends house for brunch with some friends...yummy BLT's w/ homemade bread, and decorated shortbead cookies for dessert:) YUMMY!

Well, that's about all for now....I am about to head to bed...I was thinking yesterday that I do feel extremely blessed....

I will try to blog at least once more before Christmas...maybe..lol

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...