Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thirty Days of Truth, Days 17,18,19 &20

I am getting down to the wire, people!!

Day 17 A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.

Well, obviously The Bible has been the most influential book I have read. As far as others? I really loved Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. In my opinion, every one should read it, and every man should read it twice. It's the "modern" story of Gomar, set in in th e 1800's (I think..it's been awhile), and it's sooo good!!! It's definitely a book that I want to own.


Day 18 Your views on gay marriage.

Please don't hate me, and I hope I don't lose any friends over this, but..it's wrong. Plain and simple, and I don't understand why other Christians don't feel the same way. Did God create two men? No, he created man and woman. That being said, however, I don't believe that we should be gay bashers, and love them, but don't encourage their life style.

Day 19 What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?

Really, this should be an entire post, to show how smart I am..but for the sake of time, I will keep it short. I don't believe in religion. I believe in a relationship with Jesus. It's like having a relationship with anyone else in your life. I don't know where I'd be (or some other people in my life) if Jesus wasn't in my life. I fully believed that God healed me when I was a baby, and that He healed me this spring. Ok..off topic a bit..sorry...I think everyone needs something to believe in. Take Christmas..even the most hard-hearted Atheist celebrates it (ok, I don't know that for sure...but I am sure that they do). Why? Because they want something to believe in. I think some religions, are just pure evil...they promote plural marriages, abuse, honor-killings, etc. So, I don't (obviously) agree with those. Some people think that religion is a crutch, something to lean on. Those are probably some of the same people that HAVE to look at their horoscope every day, and that HAVE to have a psychic reading..THAT is a crutch, and it's not real (or it is "real", just wrong). God, not religion has a place in this life, most definitely.


Day 20 Your views on drugs and alcohol.

You mean the good drugs? Bring 'em on! Oh..you are talking about nasty drugs? Right..I wish they didn't exsist. They have torn people's lives and families apart. Same with alcohol. I don't really drink. We were raised in a non-drinking home (I don't think my parents have even drank wine..ever), and of course, we never did drugs. Anker and I rarely drink. It's too expensive, and I would rather have iced tea, or Coke! But, taken in moderation, I really don't have a problem "Moderation" being only about a drink or two. Like drugs, alcohol can (and does) ruin families, which is just so sad. Also, when drugs and alcohol are consumed people do dumb stuff. Like last weekend, for example. Our neigbours had a party, they drank, and they ran around doing stupid stuff..damaging property, and trespassing. People become beligerant, and sleep around, women get raped, people get murdered. It's not a good thing....drugs and alcohol:( Just say NO!!

1 comment:

April said...

I'm with you on Day 18. I wouldn't write this on my public blog, but we discovered that Leah's birth grandma is a lesbian. It's not a lifestyle we approve, although her lifestyle previous to that as a 7th Day Adventist isn't one we approve either. Like any other relative who lives in way that you disapprove, we will keep our distance, but remain friendly toward her and keep her in our prayers. It's funny because at first we thought that of all of Leah's birth family, she was the one most like us. Boy were we wrong!

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...