Friday, September 23, 2022

Friday Favourites

 Happy FriYAY!

I am linking up with Erika and Andrea for this week's Friday Favourites! 

 

First off, there have been a few hurricanes happening, one of which might touch on Eastern Canada this weekend, and I know that one has already touched down in the DR, and PR. Please, everyone, keep safe!!!

1) It's Fall, y'all!! And the leaves (does that seem like weird spelling to you? I checked, and it is correct..weird) on the trees are starting to change :) It is also getting cooler, which I am not mad about.

2) A (sort of) routine. I sort of have a routine going during my week day. I hate having a rigid routine, but I like knowing what is going to happen, and have a sense of, well, routine in my day. I will probably get into more of a routine in the next few weeks (or at least knowing what job I am doing when); or at least some sense of well, routine! Yes, I realized that I kind of repeated myself. Oh well.

3) My job(s). I love my jobs so much! The young person that I look after every day is such a sweetheart! I love that I have somewhat of a flexible schedule, too! 

4) Coffee with a great friend (and my MK products that I got!!). This, of course, included my first Starbucks PSL of the season! It was delicious, and the chat was pretty great, too!!!

5) My monthly sushi and Blizzard date. Once a month, my friend, Adela, and I go for (to?) sushi and a Blizzard at DQ. Now that we are almost done all of the sushi restaurants, we are doing to start doing, well, the rest of the restaurants in town :) We have a list, so it's legit, and everything! Right now, we have been going into the sushi that we either didn't feel comfortable going into, or that were take out only during the Pan-D. We have a few more to go, before we start going to the rest of the eateries in town. This last time we went to Jacob's Noodle & Cutlet, and it was really good. I had their dumplings, and their Black Tiger Roll, which ended up having fish eggs on it (I probably wouldn't have ordered it if had known what the term they used for fish eggs). I just pretended that they were extra protein. 

6) Church Ladies' night PSL. On Monday (which was a day off, due to the Queen's funeral), our church ladies got together at our pastor's family's house and we had a wonderful time. I think the original plan was to have PSL and prayer, but we ended chatting too much!

7) Movies with Friends. Emily (my next door neighbour) and I had a movie night last night, and we watched the cutest movie on Netflix called "Love in the Villa". It was super sweet! On Monday, between sushi and the PSL night, Emily, and our new neighbour got together to watch a movie. We had done this before (we watched "Me Time"-which was where I got the term "Pan-D"), and we had a riot. Lots of food and drinks. This last time, we we watched "Do Revenge", which was terrible, but the food was good, so there's that.

8) Eggnog is out :) Our local dairy farm; Blackwell Dairy has come out with their eggnog early!!! It is SO good!! Our coffeepot got a leak, and it is now deemed unusable, which is a bummer, but our Espresso machine still works. Anker made me an eggnog latte this morning, which Starbucks' new Thanksgiving Blend (which I also got on Wednesday).

9) Good TV is back :) With "This is Us" being over, and me giving up on "Grey's Anatomy", there are still two tv slots that need to get filled. I am watching "Amazing Race" (AR Canada just wrapped up), and of course, tons of Hallmark/rom-com movies, and I am also watching a few series on Netflix. I am watching "The Crown", and I have watched a few other series (and documentaries, too) (on tv and on NF). I might do a TV post sometime. 

10) I was at the ranch with the boys last weekend. Mom and I tagged teamed, which usually goes well. The boys had gone up the day before, due to logistics, so I went up on my own Friday night. The weekend was busy, but fun. One of the dogs had 9 puppies (two have since died), so we had fun hanging out with them. H was the "dog doula" for Jem, and he had an absolute blast! J loves Duchess (one of the family's border collies), and played with her nearly all weekend. The way he says her name is hilarious! And she listens to him; he will tell her to "stay", and then walk away, all while telling her to "stay". Then he will say "come, and she will come when called. Like I said, hilarious! I think that is their favourite game (oh, and he loves to throw her a stick, too!). While there, Mom and I also did a mini-makeover on me. We were going to enter me into a Mary Kay contest, but since found out that I am in eligible (she is a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant now). Oh well...the time with Mom was fun, and she said she learned some new things, and the makeover made me feel pretty. We also watched "Hidden Figures" one night, which was fun. I love that movie!        

                                     The narcissist in me had fun posting and getting comments on this :)                                                                 



                                                         Jem and her litter of 8 (now 7).


A few other things....nice, normal next door neighbours, free clothes dryers (we normally have to pay $2  each for washing/drying), watching the Queen's funeral, getting some commemorative magazines on said the late HM Queen, makeup, cooler days (and nights), yet still being able to wear shorts/capris and sandals, Christmas movies all year long (you're welcome!); heck, Christmas Social Media groups/accounts being active all year long, less than two months until my Philippine trip, home grown fruits and veggies, and, well, I think that is all!

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...