Saturday, September 10, 2022

Friday Favourites

 I haven't done a Friday Favourites in AGES...so, here are a few things that I am loving lately!

Well, this isn't a favourite by any means, but I do love the Royal Family, and seeing Will and Kate get closer to the Crown makes me happy, sooo....there you go. I was actually kind of surprised that Queen Elizabeth died. I know, I know. I shouldn't be, but she was kind of like my great aunts Madeline (Mada) and Jean...they were immortal; or so we all thought. It was actually my brother to texted me to tell me that she had passed. I had heard via my news app that her family were coming to her side, but I honestly thought that she would rally. But, it was her time to go. I am sure she missed Philip greatly. 

Speaking of The Crown, I have started getting back into that show. It took me awhile to get into it, so I only started watching it a couple of years ago. I watched a couple of episodes a week or so ago (not in order), but I thought since we have a new Monarchy, and in these times, that now would be a good time to continue watching it. I guess due to the Pan-D, they didn't film/release their 5th season last year. I always thought that there had been a season released in 2021, but they didn't. Apparently, they are releasing season 5 in November. I am assuming that they will be doing another season, since I hear that they have cast the actors for Will and Kate.

Thinking about going to the Philippines in TWO MONTHS is a favourite! I am scared, but oh so excited to go and watch my sister get married to her love. I also hope to sweat off 30lbs while I am there, so there's that :) Let's pray that my Passport comes SOOOOON!

Starting a new job with a former KCS family is a favourite :) I won't say much, only that I am very happy!!! I love how the Lord provides!!!!

I have been mixing up PB and Hazelnut spread, and dipping in crackers and cookies in it as a night time snack has been a favourite. I also bought Whipped Cream Cheese (two flavours; mixed berry and Herbed Tzatzki), which has also been a yummy favourite.

Blogging and journalling again has been a favourite. Now, to stick with it!

Rejoining Epicure (for the 3rd time!) has been a favourite (but probably short-lived!).

My sushi friend and I have finally completed trying all of the sushi places in the city. We have started trying some other non-sushi restaurants, and we are now going to try the sushi places that we couldn't (or we didn't feel comfortable with eating in during the Pan-D), and then, we are writing up all of the restaurants that we want to try in the city has been a favourite.

Getting back into a semi-routine is a favourite. Not that I have a rigid routine (not that I like to have one, more do I have much of one in the first place), but it is nice to have some sort of schedule of the day.

New neighbours (and movie nights) that moved in awhile ago are a favourite. They are a very young couple, but very sweet, and non-noisy. We 3 girls (her, Emily and myself) had a movie night last Sunday, and it was really nice. They are right next door; replacing Haley who used to live there. 

Cooler weather has been a favourite. I am very happy that our 35+C weather has left for another year. Now, we will be complaining because of the cold :)

There are other things that I have enjoyed or that are new lately; I got a new purse and wallet (second hand) in part because of my trip, but I was also wanting to get a purse with a cross-over strap. I don't LOVE it, but I like that fact that it is a cross-over, so that's good. We got a new duvet and cover for our 15th wedding anniversary. It seems very warm, as we haven't really needed it (too hot!), so I guess that it will work for winter :) I know that I am late in the game, but I finally discovered Spotify last fall. It came on my new phone, and I thought I would see what all the fuss was about, and I LOVE it!! I went and tried 3 months for free, and then, I might have spent a few bucks a few times to get the Premium account. Anker fixed one of our fans that had suddenly died. All it needed was a bit of an oil grease, and on it went! I love that Anker can fix things (even though our place is a garage with his stuff!). 


I am linking up with Andrea and Erika for this week's Friday FavoUrites!!!!!

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...