Saturday, February 10, 2018

Five on Friday/Life Catch Up

Happy Saturday!! I haven't been in the blogging groove lately. But I am buckling down and trying to hammer out a few posts tonight.

Here are some of my favourite from the last week or two:

1) Winter Olympics:


I am not as into them as I usually am this time. I think part of it is that I have SO MANY other movies and shows to watch and catch up on, that I am watching those right now. That being said, I did watch some today. I am happy to report that Canada got its first 2 medals today!!! Go, Canada, Go!




2) Sweet Gifts

I was given two gifts in the last week or so at school. A student gave me this scarf, and a teacher gave me this S'Well Bottle.


3) 3 Day Wknd!

It is Family Day Long Wknd this weekend, and we are all excited about it.

4) These Cookies (and making them with Anker)/Dates with Anker

Last Sunday, it snowed so much, that I didn't go to church. Again. And I was sad about it. I was not sad, however, in the fact that I stayed home all.day.long, and Anker and made some cookies together! He said that he was wanting some peanut butter cookies. He found the recipe from Kraft Canada, and they are SO GOOD! Anker has been eating most of them, thankfully. I might have had 3 or 4 tonight after dinner. 
On Jan 29th, Anker and I went to his eye appointment. Afterwards, we went to Tim Hortons's, had donuts and coffee, and a visit. We also went to 2 more doctors' appointments together (including getting his glasses. Our life is exciting, people!

5) Twin Day

It was Twin Day at school last Friday. We all had fun dressing up like our friends. We wore jeans, black shirts, and purple sweaters and we pinned on pink hearts.


5.1) New Nightie

I am not a huge nightgown fan (I used to be, but not as much anymore), but I ended up staying at my brother and sister in law's house last night (more on that later), and since I had left in the morning without packing, and I drove a friend home ('up the hill)") from work, I didn't have time to come back and pack. I went to Wal-Mart, where I grabbed this cute nightie for just under $12. It was pink and sparkly! 















So, on to what else we have been up to:

We got Netflix the other day. I haven't watched it from our end yet. I have watched it on A and K's, and of course, on my parents', but I have been too busy catching up on TV shows, and movies to really WANT to watch anything on it. That being said, I am getting into Last Man Standing, which I have watched at A and K's, and I really like it. I will probably start watching it here at some point. I know that there are tons of movies that are on there, so I will probably start watching movies on t here, vs getting them from the library.
Yes, I/we watch too much tv. There are also two new shows that I want to watch...9-1-1, and The Residents. I am loving the Good Doctor right now. Can we just take a moment to talk about THIS IS US. Oh. My. Word. I had no idea (until 3 episodes ago) that that is how Jack would die. Wow!!!I am also watching Hallmark movies on W Network. I also am kind of getting into Mike and Molly, but I get those from the library. I am almost half way through season 2, and I am deciding if I want to continue it or not. What are your thoughts? I haven't really been into watching movies (DVDs) right now. I will get movies out from the library, and I won't watch them. Then, I will watch a movie, and wonder why I don't watch more movies? I think part of is that I don't have a proper DVD player. We have the main one, of course, and I do have one in our bedroom, and I do use it, but I don't often use it. I mainly use the one on my laptop, and since I am on my laptop lots, I will often just watch tv. I will put moves or Friends or Big Bang in at night in/on my laptop and put in ear buds, and go to bed. I know that it isn't probably healthy, but I will sometimes move the screen, so I am not looking directly at it.

So...what have we (well, mainly I) been doing? Exercising; both with friends and myself, watching tv, reading magazines (yes, I am still addicted), baking cookies, baking granola bars, working, sleeping, cleaning (kitchen, bathroom, microwave), going to a Steeped Tea party, going to my Tupperware meeting, shovelling, going out for coffee (myself, with friends, with my aunt), going on a couple of dates with Anker (they were day dates, but hey...I will take what I can get!).. doctor's appointments (for both him and me), getting Anker his new glasses (we went out together to do that), errands, library, laundry, connecting with family via the old fashioned device called the Telephone, watching Jumanji with a friend, hanging out at my friends' houses......Not going to church (due to being snowed in two Sundays in a row, and not wanting to go the Sunday prior).....I think that about covers it!

Here are some pics from the last bit...
These are in no particular order:

 My Aunty took me for coffee last Saturday. I tried this Be Mine Donut. It was ok..very sweet.
 I made chocolate chip cookies two Sundays ago. Yum!!!

I made granola bars two Sundays ago, too. I might have made up the recipe (I combined two that I had used before). They might not have turned out. I might have had to make them into granola. I might have been sad about it.
This was the scene two Sundays (plus more days) in a row. Oh well..it IS still Winter!
There is a story behind this picture..well, kind of: I had wanted to go up to Vavenby this wknd, but for a few reasons, it didn't work out. I really had wanted to get away on my own for one night, and I obviously can't afford a hotel. My bro and SIL were at the 'rents last night (I knew that they would be away), so I asked if I could stay at their place. They were so sweet, and said that I could. So, after my friend took me out for coffee after school yesterday, I got sushi, and I parked myself on their couch, and watched Last Man Standing! I loved it!!! It was very much needed!

I did a work out the other day for the first time over a week. I will either go tomorrow after church, or  on Tuesday.

I tried the Cherry Mocha on Thursday. I am not a huge fan.

Did any of my Canadian Friends join the Bell Let's Talk Campaign this year? I did! I think it is so important to talk about mental illness...and to stop the stigma!


I saw this on FB...I love it!!!!

Also, can I just say to those celebrities who are naming their children after certain cities, and just general weird names: You know names like William and Jessica? They're still ok to use! #rantover







2 comments:

Angela said...

I haven't watched very much of the Olympics either. I'm busy working on a reading challenge where I read 100,000 pages in a year, so I don't have very much time for watching TV right now.

maria said...

تجهیزات فست فود
تجهیزات کافی شاپ

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...