Friday, February 16, 2018

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! I am at home with a cold today. This is my 3rd or 4th cold of the school year. Ugh! I am not amused. Anyway....I could have pushed myself to go in today, but I decided to be kind to myself (and others), and stay home.

1) We are Medaling/Google Doodle

Canada now has 13 medals!!! I am so proud! I am not watching as much Olympics as I normally do...I am watching a lot of shows right now, but I am watching a fair amount, and I am getting the updates via the news, and my Olympic App. I may or may not be happy that we are the 4th leading country to have the most medals...behind Old US of A :) PS...does anyone else like saying Pyeongchang like me? I am LOVING Good Doodle's Daily Doodle (or whatever you call it) that they are doing every day for the Olympics. Check them out! The doodles are so cute!!!


2) Workout:

I worked out two days in a row this week. I am so proud of myself! I went on Monday (Family Day) with a  friend, and I did an hour work out...and the same friend and I went out again and worked out :) Fun times!



3) Valentine's Day:

I had a great Valentine's Day at school. I got a coffee from the teacher, and lots of cards and chocolates from the kids. We also had a Valentine's Party :)After school, I went to the library, and then grabbed some dinner. Anker was already watching a movie when I got home, so we ate, and I watched tv. I know...we are weird. Anker did end up knitting me a basket to put things in that I got the next day. I made him a little package of chocolates, cards, gifts, and a puzzle.

 I love this verse from John 3:16....someone noticed that the word "Valentine" is interwoven in it. Coincidence? I think not!
 The cards and gifts I got :)
 My teacher brought me a mocha :) Another one of the teachers was going around dropping of hugs and kisses chocolates :)

We also had a Valentine's party! After the party, we did a Valentine's Day craft, then it was time to go home!

Anker made this basket for me. Isn't it cute?

4) New TV Shows: 
Because I don't watch enough tv, I have gotten in to two new shows: The Resident, and 9-1-1. I am loving The Resident, and the jury is still out on 9-1-1, but I do like it. Amazing Race is on again..for 4 days a week. Does anyone know why it's on so many times?



5) Friday Night Alone:

I had a mini vacation alone on Friday night. I was supposed to go to the ranch, but for a few reasons, that didn't work out. My brother and his wife went to for a night, so I asked them if I could say there for the night. When they said yes, I was so happy! Sometimes, I just need a night alone. I got some sushi, watched Last Man Standing on Netflix, and I went to bed a ridiculous hour. Loved it!!

Those are my fives from the week! What are yours?





No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...