Friday, December 29, 2017

Cousin's Wedding Weekend

The first full weekend of December, it was my cousin Jesse's wedding in Kelowna (about 2 hours southeast of here). I ended up going with Mom, Vienna, and Isaac, and we had a fun time! Poor Mom had quite the cold, but she was a trooper, and she was glad she went. Friday was a day off for me, and I was supposed to get a barium swallow done (more on that another time), but they cancelled, which didn't make me too sad. I got my hair cut Thursday night, and ran errands (also found out that the car needs a major brake job..awesome!), and then Anker got all upset about something when I came home. Anyway...

Friday, I got up and packed, and Mom picked me up and we bought a dress for me for the wedding and for the Christmas party. V, I, and I went for sushi, while Mom ran some errands, and then we were off around 3. We stopped in Vernon for some food while we were there, and got there around 6. We had a lovely ham dinner, with family. My mom's brother and his wife were there, as well as our other cousin, Kelly, and his family. My brother Seth, and his family were there as well, so I was able to see K again! She cries whenever people other than her mom and dad hold her, but other than that, she is the cutest thing! We stayed at a guest house on their property (my mom's sister and her husband), so we got all sorted out for that. That is quite the story in and of itself! It was very nice (and FREE!), but it had less items in it (bedding, dishes, etc), than we were led to believe. Anyway....once we all got set up...beds made, dishes and cutlery found...all was well...well, mostly. There wasn't a lot of hot water, and somehow Vienna and I got A/C in our room instead of heat!

Saturday, we got read for the wedding. It was at 12:30, so we had to hustle to all get ready in time. We were all there in time, which was good, considering that didn't know where we were going. The wedding was in their church's gym, and I would say that it was a country/winter theme. I will post a few pictures here, but for the rest, you can go to my Instagram to look at more. We came back between the wedding and reception. We had snacks and drinks at the main house, which my uncle coordinated. Then it was back to the church, which was transformed yet again into a Winter Wonderland Dining Hall. The wedding was done pretty much by 11. I think we left around 10 or so. At around 9, they brought in a donut truck, where they proceeded to give anyone who wanted FREE donuts! They were SO GOOD!

Sunday, we slept in a bit, and sloooowly got ready to go. We packed and cleaned, and said good bye to the family, and then headed off around 12. It was a great weekend, and I really glad that I went.

Here are some pics :
                                                Vienna and I all ready for the wedding.
                                                       The alter. I loved their lamps.
                                                                  Jesse and Jenna.
                                                                The head table.
                                          They had cotton candy as their take home gifts.
                                            Myself, Mom and Vienna. Beauties in Blue.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...