Monday, September 6, 2021

Hello? Is This Thing On?

 Hi, Friends! It has been a HOT minute since I wrote in this space. To be honest, I haven't REALLY been feeling like blogging lately. I feel like I can't "compete" wth all of the other popular bloggers out there, so I wonder, "why bother?". But I like blogging, and I think the 3 people who read my blog do to, too, sooooo :) Just like an unpopular kid at school, I feel like my blog isn't as cool as others', and I know I don't have the audience like the "cool" bloggers have. I enjoy writing about the good and the hard stuff. I also like to look back and see what happened; yes, I do have IG and FB, and I do journal, but there is something about seeing it up in the blogging world that is kind of cool. I feel that I have to have one post per subject/activity, and I know that isn't the case. As is the term now..."you do you"; in other words, I can do whatever the heck I want in this space, and no one really cares!

See? I can't even finish a post about NOT BLOGGING?? Who am I and, what is this life? :) I will often to go other blogs that I follow for inspiration, and even that hasn't got me blogging :) I will sometimes even go to my blogging groups on FB....still, no inspo. I know people who used to blog who no longer do..I have read that blogging is now considered "old", and "outdated". But then, I hop on to the blog verse (Bloggerverse??), and I see a bunch of updates from the MANY blogs that I follow :) 

It is Labour Day today, and I am here for it! I am watching a Hallmark movie, eating pie, and drinking coffee, and stayed in my PJs until 1:30. What can I say? I am living the Unemployment Life, and I am not sad or mad about it :)

How is it that it is SEPTEMBER already??? Three months until Christmas!!! Yes, I still have my tree up :) And yes, I am still watching Christmas movies (on NF and on TV). It has been cooling off here lately. I love that fall feel/vibe and smell :) The leaves will soon start turning and falling. I feel that we have a lot of leaves falling all year round. Anyone else?

So...what did I do this summer? Umm...LOTS! Babysat, house/animal sat, swam, got new glasses, watched tv, read (books and mags), had coffee (with friends and alone), shopped, saw family (from Van I), I had a few ranch getaways, did some respite for a friend, job searched, job interviewed, ate ice cream, spent some time at a creek at my parents', spent time with friends, hiked/walked, drank lots of coffee/fun drinks and SOME adult bevies, baked/cooked, spent more time than I should have social media, joined a direct marketing business, had a couple of of day trips with friends, got a new nurse practitioner after not having a doctor for two years, got a new phone, spent time with my nephews, slept lots, tried to figure out what to do with my life, had some ideas; then after awhile, they didn't seem so good, had some lake/beach time (but very little this year), got smoked out, melted at 10000000 degrees, Anker and I got some medical tests done, got anxious about the surrounding fires, got anxious about CVD, and what is going on in various parts of the world; #mutedandlistened, made new friends, and probably a lot more that I forgot :) 

All in all, it was an OK summer...there were some fun things that I did, f or sure....but I was thinking that I did not have a lot of beach time at all. I usually have some #swiminsun time at our local beach, but btwn my being away, it being a million degrees, and the smoke, I never got to our local beach ONCE! I went to one with a friend awhile back, but it was very windy, so I only went in the water once, and it was so cold when I got out, that I/we never went back in. I didn't even ended up lazing in my friend's pool like I have been doing the last few years. Btwn she and I being busy, the smoke, and other things, it didn't work out :( I did some reading in our back yard, which was nice. 

Speaking of yards, Anker didn't grow up much a garden this year, and hasn't been as present with the yard as he usually is. It kind of makes me said; as we have a lovely little yard, but he hasn't seemed to want to mow it like he usually does. He has been gaming a lot the last while, but on a good note, he hasn't bought much on Bang Good, or eBay in the last few months, so that is good :) I have been that one that has bought things that I probably shouldn't have got (and some things that I did "need").

Well, I think that is about all for now :) How was your summer?





2 comments:

Robyn said...

Nice summery about your summer. I really like that photo of you.

The A Team said...

Aww...thank you so much :)

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...