Thursday, July 1, 2021

Canada Day/Indigenous Day of Mourning 2021

I struggled with what to say (if anything) today; Canada Day 2021. I saw this on our Church's chat page, and I loved it, asked to share it to my page, and they said I could, as they had copied it from somewhere themselves.....This. Absolutely 110% Yes to this.

Happy Canada Day.Today we celebrate our country.
153 years old
She's not perfect.
She has secrets.
Secrets that have literally been unearthed in the discovery of the remains of thousands of indiginous children.
Children whose voices and identities were silenced and then forgotten. It's not the only secret in the history of our country. There are others, and there will be more.
More than ever, It feels like the shine in her motto "from Sea to shining Sea" has lost its gleam.
So what should we do?
Cancel Canada Day?
Stop standing on Guard for her?
May I suggest another option?
Instead of cancelling her we must, more than ever, celebrate her.
TRUE PATRIOT LOVE.
That's what exposes the stains that hide behind our Maple Leaf.
Love for people.
Love for countty.
Love for God.
WITH GLOWING HEARTS WE SEE THEE RISE.
That's the posture that keeps a country accountable and free. It causes us to rise in the face of evil and stand against the reality of injustice.
This is why we must celebrate, not cancel.
To cancel is to diminish the freedom that was fought for so that evil could be exposed.
Canceling Canada Day mutes the voices of those who gave their lives for our freedom. It diminishes their sacrifice and demeans the democracy that established the laws to expose and punish the evil deeds amongst us.
GOD KEEP OUR LAND, GLORIOUS AND FREE.
Free to confront.
Free to grieve.
Free to take a stand.
Free to question.
Free to investigate.
Free to hold accountable.
Freedom.
Thats the goal.
It's what we pray for.
It's what many died for!
God, heal our Nation.
Redeem the lost.
Restore the broken
Reconcile the hurting.
Shine Canada, Shine!!
When we cancel we no longer shine.
We blend in with the darkness.
And when we lose our shine we don't see injustice. Nothing changes.
We need to shine.
We have to shine.
May we be a light in the darkness.
Shine, Canada, shine!
We "Stand on guard" celebrating the gift that Canada is, from "Sea to shining Sea" so that evil is exposed, justice is served and freedom reigns.
Which is always worth celebrating.
Happy Canada Day.

This is what I echoed/responded/replied to on my FB page...

This (above) was copied from my Lighthouse Christian Fellowship chat, and I asked to share it...they said that they copied it, so I don't know who said this, but I believe in this 110%!!! I struggled what to say today, regarding our country, and I think this sums it up well. Our country is not perfect, but neither are well. Our country has secrets, so do we all. Our country has made terrible, awful mistakes, and so have (and are) doing so. Yet, what do we do each year? We celebrate our birthdays. What happens when we make mistakes..no matter how big or small? We have to face and pay the consequences. It is not easy being a country. It is not easy being ourselves. We make mistakes. We tear down people, we often do injustices. We need (or should) to apologize. Canada has done all of these things, and so much more. But guess what? Canada is not perfect, yet we still celebrate her. We still need to support her. Just as when we humans make mistakes. What happens? Family and friends rally around and support us. No matter how big or small, our family/friends come out and support and to help us heal. We (people) hopefully learn from our mistakes, find how what we did wrong, and try to make it better, and hopefully, never do that mistake again. It does not good to "cancel" (abandon) our family/friends when they do something wrong. Yes, we may have to distance ourselves for awhile (and we might even should), but hopefully, in time, we back to our injured family/friend and pick them up when they fall. Yes, the Church (Anglican/Catholic) needs to apologize (++++++++), and face the consequences of their actions. We, as settlers need to help them heal (it may look different to each person), and to come along side them; to learn, listen, and research. Today, I am wearing a rusty orange red top (my only other orange top is in the laundry). I will do some research, and will celebrate quietly (there isn't anything happening in town, anyway!), and I will pray for forgiveness of behalf of what the "church" and government did to our Indigenous Brothers and Sisters. Now is not the time to cancel (abandon) our country. We need to come and along side our Indigenous Family and Friends; we need to learn and grow from the mistakes our country has made. With every news article that I read, listen or watch about more unmarked graves of precious children being found, my heart breaks, mourns and hurts of their families. I am glad that the government is stepping up and digging up these horrible secrets. I have read that companies that deal in radar searching are offering and giving of their time, money and resources to help serach. This is not over. It will never be over. Essentially, none of Canada's mistakes will ever be over. But, together we can learn from what happened, and to ensure that this kind of history never repeats itself. #nationaldayofmourning #everychildmatters #1500children

I do not take credit for these photos. I found them on FB, and I loved, them, I am sharing them. They speak so much about what Canada Day 2021 is.

Also, there is smoke from 5 fires around this area, a town essentially has burnt to the ground, and there is buckling of sidewalks in our city..so, there's that.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...