Sunday, September 17, 2017

Fires, and Floods, and Hurricanes, Oh My!

Name something that ISN'T happening right now...we have fires, we have floods, we have hurricanes, we have volcanoes (ok, those aren't IN the news per se, but I am sure they are happening), we have terrorists attacks, we have nuclear missiles being thrown, we have weird, crazy marches (I was going to do a blog post on this, I never got around to it) that give Christians and white people a bad name, we have gun shootings...earthquakes and tornadoes! Not to mention Human Trafficking, and Religious Persecution...and of course....the abuse/murder cases that flood our TV and phone screens. Have I left anything else out? Anyway, I know that because of Social media (and news in general) we are hearing more of these things happening. A friend of mine had this Jay Leno quote on her profile years back, and I really liked it...I went looking for it, b/c I think it rings very true.

 “With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?” 
-- Jay Leno

So, the point in all this? Let's not take God out of our Daily Life! We NEED God more than ever!! Our world is HURTING for Jesus!!! How do we not get depressed, and just want to dig a hole, go to sleep and not wake up for days on end? Social media can be a good thing, but it can also be a depressing and hurtful tool. Sometimes, I just want to ignore it (and I do), and focus on the good. Because, let's face it, we NEED more good in this world!

Sometimes, life gets depressing...and those are when we turn FROM God (I am guilty of this), when, in reality, we need to turn TO God! We need to lean on Him, and trust that HE has everything in control. I am thankful that God already knows what is in store (for my life, and for the world). I am thankful that He has the world in His hands. The important thing to know is to be aware of what is going on (for the most part..as I stated above...don't dwell too much on it), b/c it IS good to know what is going on in the world, and to pray, and see what you can do to help (if you can). Donate blood, food, house items, time, money...the list goes on. Do good in your own corner of the world (and Internet). Share a cup of coffee with a friend...look after their kids, help them move, open the door for someone, compliment a stranger's clothes, hair, accessories, etc. Smile at the bank teller or cashier. Do Good where and when you can :)

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...