Saturday, February 15, 2020

Friday Favourites

Happy Thursday, Y'all! I have been busy doing, well, nothing, and #allthethings! I hope you are having. wonderful week! Here are are my faves from the last few weeks:


1) Church Family Life/Bible Study
After a few weeks of not going to church, I went to church a few weeks ago, and I forgot how much I missed it! We also had had a Super Bowl Party a couple of weeks ago, and it was fun (even though I could care less about football). I have also been going to Bible Study again (except this last Monday), and I have been enjoying it. We are doing a series called Kingdom Women, and well, it's good!



2) Mom/Daughter Time

On Wednesday, Mom and I went out for sushi at Arigato Sushi, and it was DEVINE!!! I love, love sushi! Ok...I don't love it like I love Jesus, but it is pretty darn close! Ha! We shared the Crazy Girl Roll, and the the Arigato Special. We also had ice cream for dessert. I had deep fried (tempura) ice cream (which was delicious!), and Mom had the Mango Dream. The food was great, and so was the conversation. We rarely get time alone just the two of us (especially over dinner).




3) Fun Food/Drink Combos

I have discovered a couple of new drink and food combos lately. Well, the food combo is not new, but I ate it today, and I remembered why I loved it! You have to try yogurt and cottage cheese together. YUM! I also have (again, for the first time in a long time), Coca Cola (Diet and regular) with lemon or lime juice. Yes, I have tried them with the fruit before, and while they are really good, I love the juice with it. YUM! I also tried sparkling water with tea. Y'all! that is delicious! I have to admit, it has taken me awhile to like sparkling water, but I can honestly say that I have developed a taste for it now. My local Sipologist (Formerly Steeped Tea) was showing us how to make drinks (mocktail and cocktail) with tea, and she included sparking water in some of them. Wow! I loooooved it!!!





4) 4 Day weekend!
'Nuff said. PD tomorrow for teachers, and Family Day for all of Canada on Monday! We all need a break. Can I get an amen, and #allthepraisehands? Also....was it just me, or did January feel loooooooong this year??

5) Time with Friends/Girls' Evening Out

At least once a week, a co-worker and I go "cruising" around town. She usually picks us up a coffee/HC, and we drive and try to solve the word's problems in a half hour. We have a lot of laughs, and waste gas :) My neighbour, Emily, and I usually spend at least once a week watching movies/New Amsterdam, or both. Last Saturday, we watched Hidden Figures (I had watched it before, and I really liked it), and another B movie. Ha! Last Friday, some friends and I went for (or is it to?) dinner at a local restaurant (b/c of the interesting name, I have a feeling that that was the reason that I was blocked from doing certain actions on IG-I named their location in my instatory-..you can read about that in another post) that I had never been to before. F0rn0 on 5th is a local downtown restaurant, and it is really good (and costly!), but they do make all of their food from scratch (and fresh/local ingredients), which is pretty awesome! I would definitely go back! Their Patatatas Bravas was SO GOOD, and really deceivingly filling! We were celebrating a co-worker's bday, and that was the place she had chosen to go. We left their at around 730, b/c we are wild and crazy like that! Then, afterwards, my friend (who's bday we were celebrating) and I went for a drive.



Linking up with Della for H54F
 Linking up with Andrea for Friday Favourites.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...