Saturday, March 23, 2019

Randoms

Our car keeps working, despite the chatter! We have been driving it around town for nearly two months, and it seems fine. I know we have to get it fixed sometime, but maybe when we got our taxes back.

Two week spring break!

I love roasted veggies on a cooke sheet!!! I have done this a couple of times, and told my mom about it. Maybe I will do it for when I go there next.

My poor computer needs a new battery, but I am not spending the money to get a new battery for an old computer, so I am waiting until my brother in law hooks us up with one.

Remember when I had that weird heartburn for nearly a year? I think I actually have had it twice before...well, anyway, this morning, it has come back! I hope it goes away!

I got a greenhouse from Jysks earlier this week, and it's kinda cool :) Anker LOVES to garden. Me? I could honestly care less (well, that's not entirely true!), and it's too much work for me :) It gives him something to do and a talking point, so that is good.


Last night was a wild Friday night at our house. I read my book for a couple of hours, and it was lovely!! I started reading Danielle Steele's "In His Father's Footsteps" the other day, b/c we were waiting around for blood tests and X-rays, and I didn't bring my magazines and my current book that I am reading, and that was in the car to go to the library. Well, I started it, and it is quite good. I read more of it last night, and I am about half way through it.

I think I will get my sandals and shorts/capri's out this weekend/wk. I might even buy a pair from the thrift shop. We have been having some HOT days here lately! I think it even got up to 20C the other day...18c for sure! Bring out the shorts!!

Our cat is hilarious! I got some sheets from Walmart the other day, and I washed them, and I hadn't put them away yet, and I came home from somewhere to find this.......

Did I mention that they were CLEAN sheets??? I am NOT spending another $4 to clean them again (I would if we were allergic to cat hair, but we aren't), so I am leaving them as is. I WOULD have rewashed them if she had thrown up in them, just an FYI.

I thought I had blogged about this before, but I guess not....I got a new-to-me-purse a few weeks ago, and I really love it!!!

In case you don't think I clean, I actually did clean up a few weeks ago. I cleaned our bathroom, our kitchen, and I even cleaned out the microwave!

I met a friend (as well as many others) through a now defunct app/game on FB called Fluff Friends (Yes, I still miss it!). We talked a fair amount, but in October, we started talking and connecting even more (I love What's APP!). It has been a lot of fun. While we are different in many ways (she loves HP, GOT, and is more "nerdy" than me!), we also have a lot of the same (Christian, married, among other things). We talked through the WA  app, and FB messenger, which is fun. Her little girl just turned 4, and is a real sweetie! 

I was thisclose to going back to Calgary with Mom yesterday, as she was going back to help Grandma move back into her suite below my uncle and aunt's place. She had asked me to come along, since I had this coming week off. If I had NOTHING planned, I would have gone, but I had a few too many things going on (on their own, they weren't big things, but when you put them together,  it was a fair amount). I am sad about not going, as Mom and I would have had a great time together, but I am also kind of glad; I get to do things like blog, journal, sleep in, and hopefully get some stuff done my cleaning list!

I have 10 posts that I wanted to get written and published, and I just can't seem to get them out. I am blogging today (though none of those have gotten written...I wrote other ones), which is great, but I definitely don't know if I want to continue or not. I don't feel that a lot of people are reading it, and I had hoped to try to make some money doing it (collabs etc), but that hasn't happened yet. Though, to be fair, I haven't really tried very hard...(I have tried a bit on IG). I don't have many blog followers, and I don't get a lot comments. I don't even get a lot of traffic and views. There is still so much that I don't know about blogging, and still lots that I need to learn. And of course, all of that cuts into other areas of my life (work, more work-related learning, family, cleaning, marriage, etc). I also would love to go to a blogging/social media conference in Canada. I am in a few blogging groups on FB, but to be honest, I don't really go in/on them very much, and I NEVER post (mostly b/c of the silly rules they have!!). At any rate, I will still continue to blog, b/c I LOVE to write, and I enjoy it it (though I do hear that blogs are "dead"). I like "meeting" new people through blogging and IG. 

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I'm glad we're talking too! You're actually one of my very normal and not really nerdy at all friends out of my group of friends that everyone else is quite geeky too. ;) Also, LOTR over GOT any day, although I do like it and really looking forward to just seeing how the series wraps up. (^_^) I'm honored to be mentioned and look forward to many years of closer friendship ahead. :)

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...