Saturday, February 23, 2019

A Fun Project

I am looking forward to doing a fun "little" blogging/Social Media project in the next little while. I had hoped that I would get it done by Feb 28th, but since this week is going to be INSANE, I am going to push it back a week.

I thought it would be fun to talk/post about where we live, OR where we are from. Since Spring Break is (probably) on our minds, and then after that, summer, we could talk about our communities (this also comes sort of on the heels of what the class did in the fall, and what they are doing now in Socials). Almost like a commercial (without the annoying pressure!).

So, here is how it will work: If you don't have a blog, you can post it on IG, but feel free to start up a blog...it is free and fun! You can post it on IG stories and/or feed (do both if you want). Take some fun, cool pictures of the area that you are going talk about, post the pictures, and some fun stats and facts about your community, and viola....:)

Here are a few rules:

It has to be somewhere where you have lived, either past or present. If you don't want to talk about your current community for privacy reasons (which is totally ok), post about either where you lived in the past, or your area (or county). For instance, if you live in Vernon, but don't to particularly say you live there, you can post about the Okanogan Valley.

You can post on IG and on your blog (if you have one). If you want to post on FB, that is totally awesome, too!

Use the hashtag #whereilive OR #whereimfrom (I am also toying with the idea of using #whereyourefrom or #whereyoulive, but I don't know which one to use), so that others can "follow" along.

Though definitely post fun things to see and do, don't JUST limit it to that. Post some fun facts about your community/area. What is it famous for? What celebrity hails from your area? What are some fun  facts (for instance...A LOT of Hallmark movies are filmed in and around Vancouver, and a few movies have been filmed in and around Kamloops..Once upon a time is filmed in Steveston, and Pamela Anderson is from Ladysmith).

I am not going to post a limit on pictures, but please make sure the pictures you post are all your own.  If you want to use one from somewhere, make sure you credit them.

I think those are enough guidelines for now :) I HOPE to try to host a link up (something that I have never done!), but if that doesn't work, you can post your link in the comments.

The deadline to post will be March 10th (I will try to have mine up by March 8th).

Doesn't that sound like fun?? I cannot wait!!!





1 comment:

Robyn said...

Fun idea! I look forward to learning more about your corner of the world. 😊

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...