Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Wedding

I know it's been a week since we've been home, but I just have been too lazy to post!!

I am doing ok..kind of blah. Anker's back is really bad..I may even go in and help him tomorrow for a bit. Things are just kind of blah all around. I am gaining a bit of weight that I lost, and I feel so lonely at times. I really don't have a lot of friends here. Maybe that is partially my fault. I have tried to be friends with people. They are either older, or younger than me. I know, woo is me, right??

SOOO....the weekend! Yes, we FINALLY got my brother married off, Praise Jesus! It was a fun wedding..AND SO beautiful!! We were all worried that the day would be rainy..or at least cold. The parents had been looking on the Internet checking weather for the last two weeks!! It such a simple but elegant wedding..totally Luke:) It was all outside, except for the dance.

Getting down there was a bit of a gong show...and I won't get into it.. but basically, the person that we thought was able to work wasn't able to. I think there was a lack of communication on both parts. I ended up going down w/ Mom and Dad, just in case Anker couldn't make it...in the end, he was able to get Friday off, as he was able to get someone to clean for Friday....by then, I was all set to go down w/ the 'rents, so we just continued with the plan. In the mean time, his sister was gradding from SFU, and he really wanted to go (originally, we were both planning on it)...but I didn't want to risk NOT going to the wedding...so I went ahead. Anker did go to the ceremony, but I had urged him to come on Saturday. ANYWAY..he came over on the ferry as a foot passenger, and it was wonderful that he was there. We went back Sunday with our friends. They dropped us off where are car was (another story..won't get into it), and they went on their way. We went to IHOP for breaky, and ended up seeing his sister for a few minutes, and then we ended up going to a Scandinavian festival. It was a bit of a dud, but it was sort of interesting, and we got a cook book out of it.

Anker and I were going to camp, so since this didn't happen, I ended up staying w/ the fam. It was sooo nice...a lot of ppl have time shares, or live there, so a lot of the places were like appartments. The wedding was great..and beautiful weather. Dad married them, and did a great job, as always. Amanda's parents are sooo sweet!! I hope to get to know them more. The reception was lovely, and before we went into the dance (which was in a small room), we all went outside to see the sunset, and take pictures.

I had to cancel my appts on Monday, so I am not sure when I will book them again.

I thought I had a small babysitting job, but I don't think it's going to go through now. I am really disappointed by it.

I have gotten into the program at Open Door Group (formerly THEO B C), but I don't have appointment with them until July 6. I am still hoping for this week sometime.

We may go to my parents for the weekend. Not totally sure, though. I guess we'll end up camping. We haven't used our new tent yet. It may be the only time we go away all summer.

I am following a bunch of blogs right now..some of them are adoption blogs. Such sweet stories. One Momma has just picked up her son from Ethiopia:) What a neat story!! Some are getting children from Uganda, and Ghana. Some have already adopted, and are adopting another!! I would sooo love to adopt...but that won't be possible for us. Which brings me to another thing..due to my recent health problems..I have been advised by my GYNE that I really shouldn't have kids. I really wasn't surprised (I don't know why), but sad, just the same. He may send me to a Parinatologist, who will have the final say...but I am sure it will be a "no". BUT today, in church, we sang "Healer", and I was totally thinking about that God can HEAL my disease/conditions..and if He wants us to have a baby, then He will make it happen!! I think if one more of my friends announces their pregnancy on Facebook, I may just delete them..lol.

We are going through "Grey's Anatomy" right now again. Our library has most of the seasons, but not season three..how weird is that??

I am reading a couple of books right now by Danielle Steel..yes, I know..mainly fluff books..but they are fast and easy to read.

I got a Cineplex Gift Card for my bday, so Anker and I made use of the a few days after my bday. We watched the movie "Killers". It was like a "Mr. and Mrs. Smith", but not as violent.

I guess that's it for now..not much happening..just errands, and times in the park spent reading...

Oh yes..on Friday night...some of the women in the church had a sleepover. We do this a couple of times a year. We ate, played Tennis and Bowling on Wii, which was a first time for me. Watched a worship DVD, and watched the first part of "The Blind Side". We had a pancake breakfast the next morning!

Enough for now, I guess! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...