Just a quick one, as it is late...and I am sure that for the 2 people that read this blog, you already know that I spent nearly a month in (mainly) Vancouver General Hospital, the same hospital that I was born in, almost 34 yrs ago. In fact, in the final (private!!) room that I was in, I overlooked where I was born and stayed for the first 22 months of my life.

I am doing very well at home, with only using oxygen at 1 litre while and walking, etc. I have a sleeping (Bi-Pap) machine that I use at night (Anker calls it my Darth Vader mask), and I am actually getting quite used to it. I am sleeping quite well, and I am doing WAAY better than I was.

I am losing weight, and I am now thinner than I was when I got married, nearly 3 yrs ago. A lot of it was fluid, and currently, salt/water retention, but I will take what I can get!!

I also got a blood clot while I was there, and now I am on blood thinners for about 3 months, so that was a bit of a complication. I get blood take about 2x a week, to check my blood clotting levels. I also got some nerves in my right thumb and forearm when a Respiratory Therapist took my blood for blood gasses (needed to check my carbon dioxide levels). I was REALLY upset, as he was a student, and I shouldn't have let him try in the first place. It is getting better, as before, I could hardly move/stretch it, and I would have searing pain that would almost make me cry (sometimes, it would), but thankfully, I am getting HEALED!! It still hurts if I stretch it sometimes, but not near as much!!

I got home on Easter Sunday, and it was a great ride home, such a beautiful day!! We have to go back to see some more specialists in May sometime, and we may have to go every few months, but for right now, I am DONE with hospitals:)

Thank you EVERYONE who wrote, gave gifts, treats, PRAYED, and sent well wishes to me and my family:) Everyone has been sooo generous, and I really felt the love!!

I won't go into a lot of what happened, basically b/c everyone knows...but I will say that if I hadn't gone to Vienna's bday (which I never attended anyway...since I was in the hospital), I don't know what would have happened. One of the Dr's in VGH said that I could have died in my sleep, or (in my words) at least have gone into cardiac arrest. I am sooo glad that God chose to keep me around!!

I just find it interesting that the DR in Clearwater took only about 2 minutes to figure out what TWO (my Fam dr, and an ER doc) could not. Again, not sure what would have happened if I hadn't gone home!!

I was in Kamloops Hospital for about 2 days, and then Medivac'd to VGH. I was in the ER for nearly two days, waiting for a room, then ICU for a week, then the Step-down Unit, then a semi-private room, then a private room. The last three rooms where on the 12th (Respiratory Unit) floor.

I was blessed to have my mom there for most of the time..Anker was there for most of the time, only leaving for about 4 days, and during that time, Joseph/Cadence, Adam/Krystal came up for the weekend. My dad also came up for a couple of days.

On the Saturday (day before) I left, Anker's sister, invited Mom, and Anker and I for Easter Dinner. We had a beautiful turkey dinner, which was amazing especially since I had had hospital food for about 3 weeks. It was nice to be with them, and for Mom to get to know them a bit more. We even got some Easter Treats!! They even wanted us to pray for dinner, and this was a neat thing, since we don't pray for our meals when we are there (outloud), so we are just praying that everytime we go, we will plant a seed:)

So, I guess this should be it for now..I will try to add bits and pieces of my "Vancouver Vacation" in the next while or so...I am behind in my Diary as well. My right arm is hurting, so I can't write very long.

Nothing really new here..Just getting used to being back, and I am running errands myself, and dong light housework. I am going to two bday parties on Saturday, and we are hoping to go to the Ranch on Sunday, after our church service.

Oh, that brings me to another thing..I went to church for the first time in TWO MONTHS this last Sunday..btwn being away in Calgary, and being sick, and going to the ranch on the 7th (not sure why we didn't go..I guess I still wasn't feeling well), and being in the hosp, it had been two months. Anker had gone on the 21st of March, but this was my first time...anyway..it was sooo great to go!! It was great to see everyone again. Looking forward to going to my home church sometime, too.

There have been two new babies born in our church, and one of my friends had her baby boy while I was away..not sure of the date.

I guess that is all for now....


Popular posts from this blog

Five on Friday/Life Catch Up

Five on Friday (And Happy New Year)!!!

Five on Friday!