Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Trip to the ER

Well, I know, two updates just two days apart. Shocking!! I really wanted to write more the other night, but I was just too tired!! The last couple of days have been interesting!!

Two nights ago, I decided to try a new recipe, called Shrimp Stroganoff (SP??). Anyway, it was good, but a bit spicy, but I can usually handle abit of spice! (BTW, the recipe was out of "Company's Coming" book "Fish and Seafood". Anyway, I started getting a stomach-ache. That part didnt worry me too much, but when I work up at 4am the next day, I had REALLY bad cramps!! Also, they radiated around to my back. I dealt with that all day, they would come in spasms, and then go away. I hardly slept. During the day, I did manage to get a few things done, but then it got worse, at about 5pm, I finally decided to go to the walk in clinic just down the road. He (at 8 pm) told me to go down to the ER to get X-rays, etc, done. He was afraid it could be a bowel obstruction. Esp w/ all my adhesions from my scars. So, armed w/ a magazine, I braved the long night in the ER. It was quite an adventure, let me tell you. I must say that it was a very interesting night!! It was a great time to people watch!! Anyway, I finally saw the doctor about 1:30 or so. By this time (well, even when I got there at 8), I was feeling better, as I had taken Tylenol, just to dull the pain. The pain wasn't as severe, and the spasms had all but stopped. I am glad it wasn't as bad, but, at the same time, it was frustrating, b/c you want the doctor to get a full picture on how you are feeling. Anyway, he finally said that everything looked ok, and that it may have been something I ate (why do they say that?? And they say it like you have just downed a full pizza, or something). I was not amused!! I am seeing my family DR tomorrow, and I really want an Ultra-sound. I had called my aunt, who is a nurse, earlier in the day, and she said it may be a gallbladder attack. The X-Rays didn't show anything, but my blood test had a hight WBC, which the DR didn't seem too concerned about. I felt kind of silly going down there, but at the same time, I am glad I did, cause if I didn't I may have gotten worse, or I would have just worried about it. I was told to just stick w/ bland foods, but I already had a sub today. Does that count??

Well, I am sure this is much too long of a post!! Maybe a bit too TMI?? Nothing I wouldn't tell you all in person, I don't think!!

I basically slept today, as I got home at 5 am:) I basically have slept the last couple of days away. I did go on errands w/ Anker today, and I could feel the pain when I walked. Oh well:)
It has been really sunny today, which has been great!! I wished I could have gone on a long walk! Maybe on the weekend.
Just a few other notes:I am attending a Ladies Bible study, which meets every Thursday. I am really enjoying that. I didn't go today, b/c of my not feeling well. I will be going to do my weigh-in tomorrow. I am not in KidsLife anymore, as my heart wasn't really in it. Also, w/ Anker's wierd sleeping and working hours, I just felt better to not be involved.

I have really being feeling the pressure (from myself), to get a job the last few days. (maybe this pain was from stress, but I don't think so).Unfortunately, w/ my being sick (my ear infection as well as this), I really haven't been doing alot. We need new brakes for the car, and we really want to enroll in Melaleuca. We both could use the supplemants. Also, I want to start saving for my insurance course, as well as just regular daily life. I hope to work on my resume this weekend.

That about covers it for now. I would write more, but I am sure you won't be inerested in hearing all about it!! LOL.

No comments:


Just a few things.... Eggnog is still available! Anker ran to get a few things this morning, and he brought home some eggnog!! I shoul...