Friday, January 4, 2019

Final Summer Post & 11th Blogiversary

Oh my goodness! You would think that with all this time off, I would have had more time to blog! I am slowly going through my blog drafts, and I HOPE to get the Christmas blog out soon!!!! I hope that it will be at least this month by the time I post about it!

These last few blog posts/events haven't really been in order, but that doesn't matter, right?

Ok, well, going through blog posts, I realized that I HAD written about the last bit of summer....:) I was going to write about the wknd that we went to the ranch, but I had already written about it...you can find that post here, so I will not bore you with that again. I think I was going to write about my friend's and I day of fun, but I just wrote about that, too. You can read about that here. So, essentially, there will not be much about summer in this post.

So, the only thing that I will blog (which has long since past) is my 11th year Blogiversary (or is Blogaversary??), and Dude, it's a thing!!! I cannot believe that I have blogging for (now over) 11  years!!! I wish I could say that I have made some money, or that I have made my blog a nicer "place" to visit, but it has just pretty much stayed the same since I started 11 years ago. I don't have a lot of followers, nor do I have a ton of "traffic", either. The most that has changed is my writing, and what I now write about. For the record, my blogiversary is Aug 24, 2007...crazy! You can read my first post here.

I am thinking of starting to try to make a bit of money from this blog, but how does one start???? I know that a person can, as I follow A LOT of blog/bloggers who do make $ off it. Anyone who has any answers (preferably Canadian bloggers, as it may differ from on how Americans can get paid/sponsored, but my American friends, please feel free to message me as well!).

One thing that I want to start up again (I might go back and "update" some recent posts), is to put "labels" on my blog posts again. I don't know if they actually help people find the post that they are looking for (FYI: I think I have WAY too many labels...lol), but they actually helped ME find the posts that I might want to find, instead of going through nearly 1,000 blog posts.

One of the things that I love about my blog is that people that I have "met" through them. Of course, there is IG, and FB, but there is something about "visiting" people through blogs (ok, so I haven't been reading a lot of others' posts lately...I will say that I have slacked off a lot in that area) that I have really enjoyed. I have a few "friends" that I have met through blogging that I have on FB, and IG. I don't think that I have met any IRL, though, so if you read my blog, or follow me on IG (or FB), and are coming through the area, and would like to meet, then shoot me a DM, and I would love to meet you! (Also, I "follow" over 200 blogs/bloggers, yes, I know I have a problem, and no, I don't read all of them every day!)

Anyway....I just wanted to blog about that :)

Also....here is a picture of this years Christmas Coffee from Starbucks! No, it has nothing to do with my post, but I just like putting in a picture in each post now.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...