Sunday, January 27, 2019

#10YearChallenge

I saw this challenge going around, at first, I wasn't going to participate. Then, I found out that it was probably for face recognition, but I decided to go ahead and do it anyway...:) Because, you know...#gottabecool #socialmediapeerpressure

I cannot remember when I joined FB....it says it was in July, so I guess it was around the time of our wedding. Ok, so I went through my profile pics, and I found the correct one (I think!) that I uploaded to FB. It says that I joined (or uploaded) FB in the middle of July of 2007 (my blogiversary is in August 2007, and my IG-ivesary is in June of 2013, and my Twitterversary is April of 2009, my Pinterestiversary is sometime in 2011, I think?). Anyway, when I first did the challenge, I posted the "wrong" picture. So, here is the "correct" first profile picture.

 I am not sure when it was taken...probably in June or July of 2007.

This was the latest profile picture....taken on Christmas Day of 2018.

I know a few women who didn't want to partake in it, and I get it...I do. I found this post from a blog that I follow, and when I read it, I completely understood/understand why she didn't/doesn't want to do partake in it. She talked about on how the 10 Year Challenge shouldn't be about looks as it is more about looks, and I totally get that. I don't really want people look at my face, and think "gee, age/time hasn't been good to her", but you know what? I kind of like the idea of looking back remembering 10 years ago. I don't like the negative side to it, though. I don't like thinking "yah, I look worse now than I did 10 years ago", or people looking at me thinking the same thing. I don't like on how the world perceives beauty (you can check out what I talked about on that exact same topic on my IG story). But, there is also the positive side to/of it. You can look back, and think.."wow, I survived (insert life event or illness here)!" So, I say....share if you want, or don't share it if you don't feel like it. And if you do participate in it, be proud of who YOU are, and what you have achieved in the last 10 or so years!


This was the picture that I thought was the first photo that I had posted, that I used in the challenge :)

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I hadn’t thought of it as maybe being a negative thing. Everyone I saw still looked good, even if they didn’t think they did, but I also more saw it as all the life and experiences (good and bad) that they lived since then. So much has happened for me that I looked at my first Facebook profile pic and all that was yet to come for me then.

The A Team said...

I absolutely agree!!! I liked that aspect of...life events, etc.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...