Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Randoms

Just a few things....



Eggnog is still available! Anker ran to get a few things this morning, and he brought home some eggnog!! I should also ask my mom for the recipe, as she makes a great batch! Yes, we know that realize that it is made with raw egg :) Also, why ruin eggnog with rum or vodka? I like it straight up!!!

My mom and my aunt have been horribly sick! I think they on the mend, but it was pretty scary for them for awhile. Also, I am SO thankful that I never got sick (though I know that I could still).

One of the things that I wanted to do for one of my goals is to try to do more meal prep, or at the very least, make more decent dinners. I also am starting to share my Bible app's verse of the day on IG/FB.

I/we got a diffuser for Christmas. We really love it. I will probably have to get the expensive oils now. LOL.  It came with 3 oils, and I also gone one from Steeped Tea (they are getting into Health and Wellness items, which I am not sure is a good idea...but it is what it is...lol), and my friend gave me some DoTerra oils, and I still have some Young Living oils that I will probably use as well in it. One thing I don't want to do is get the cheap oils from the dollar store.



I am still in my Hallmark movie phase. W-Network (we don't get Hallmark in Canada), has been airing movies for WinterFest. Yup, I am sad. There are a few on YT that I want to watch that came on HMC, but that we haven't gotten yet (not sure if we will), so I hope to watch them soon.



We might go to my parents' this weekend. It was the first time that I/we haven't been there for either Christmas or New Years, and it was really strange. We M (my maiden, and my SIL's last name) ladies want to see On the Basis of Sex, so if it is playing here in town this weekend, we will go....so Anker and I might not go up to the ranch.

Anker looked on his PWD account, and it looks like instead of completely cutting him off this time like they usually do, they are giving him $400. This could be a good thing or a bad thing....maybe they have changed things, in the fact that even though they "cut him off" b/c I have made "enough in the year, they might give him the bare amount to help with rent and some food, OR they might be changing it so that they only give him a certain amount if I make a certain amount that month. Anyway, if it is the former, we are happy (though I won't be too excited fully until we see the $ in our account next week, and when he will get the full amount (or figure why not the full amount) next month.

I was a domestic goddess the other day after work: I came home, did laundry, made granola bars, made a healthy dinner (which took two hours...which is why I never make dinner), and took down all of the Christmas decorations. The tree is still up, but Anker is taking a few decorations off/down each day. Trust me, that doesn't happen very often.

Mom came into town last night (was supposed to be today, but she came in early, due to a snowfall warning), and we had dinner at Wendy's and then she gave me some gifts that the family had given us, but since we weren't there, well, she brought them to us. Anker got Turtles, and I got soap, a glitter mask, hair ties, a grocery list, and I can't remember what else.



I am back to reading People and US, but will no longer read Hello and InTouch (unless maybe the main articles and/or when I am given them). I am also back to watching Y&R. I also love watching Frasier. Those guys both crack me up!

Work has been going really well. Ask me in the same in a few weeks, and I might not feel the same way! Seriously, though....things are going well. Now, how many more days until Spring Break?

We got some snow last night/this morning. I forgot about to take a picture of if this morning...oops! It was the first time that we have seen (other than a few skiffs) since we were away for the first big snow fall at Christmas! At least it stopped mid-morning, and the roads were fine going home.

I video-chatted with my sister last night. I find video chatting kind of awkward, to be honest. It is like we are "together", but we aren't. We just sit there and find things to talk about..haha :) Not really, but I do find it awkward. Plus, you have to be decent for the camera!!!

Oh...I am not sure on if I mentioned this before, but just before Christmas, my grandpa nearly died. I think if he hadn't been found all slumped in his chair by my gramma (who lives in another wing on the other side of the building), or my aunt (or maybe both), he probably would have died! We are thankful that he was found, and he is doing well.

I feel overwhelmed with all the things there are to watch, and read (and do). I mean, all the dvd movies (library), movies and shows on TV, Netflix, plus my series and movies that I have at home on DVDs. Oh..and blogging, journalling :) I have talked about this before....:) I just do what I feel like doing (or sometimes I don't know what I feel like doing, and just sit doing..well, nothing), and then move on to the next thing.

The library on this side of town is closed until next Tuesday. Lord, help me! What AM I going to do? Well, actually, it hasn't been all that bad! I might end up going to the downtown branch either tomorrow, or on the wknd, if we don't go to Vavenby.

I think I have missed my calling. In music class, we are learning to play the ukulele, and I gotta say, I think I might start up :) #midlifecrisis I used to play the piano once up a time, and the rest of my siblings can play either the piano, violin, or guitar. So...maybe??? :)

Anker and I had a date day last Saturday. It wasn't much, but we went and ran a few errands, including checking out a store that we hadn't been in yet. I also ran into Wal-Mart and I grabbed the first magazines that I have bought (other than WW) in months!

Some fun family news! Will share when I can!
















1 comment:

Robyn said...

That’s great about Anker’s check! I hope it’s what you hope it will be. A relief either way! Very fun for the other stuff. Our tree and decor is still up and I both feel I should start, but I’m still enjoying it too. Give the ukulele a go!

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...