Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The Second Annual April and Jill's Day of Fun

Happy New Year!!! My first post of 2019!! I cannot believe that it is 2019!!! I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!!! I will blog about our Christmas and New Year soon (probably in the summer..haha!), but I am still trying to catch up on some posts from the summer.  This post shouldn't be long, though...mostly filled with pictures :)

Last year, my friend Jill and I went on a day of fun to her parents' summer house (it is as fancy as it sounds :) ) two towns over to the East. This year, I decided to make our Summer Fun Day an annual tradition!!! Since, she loves me...she went along with it (because, who doesn't go along with me?? LOL JK...kind of!). You can read about our first summer fun day here. For this year (Aug 28), we tossed around a few ideas, and ended up coming up with going to SunPeaks Resort. I hadn't been up there in ages, so it was a win-win!!! Sun Peaks is only an hour (approx) from Kamloops, and it is a short drive, but a lifetime away!

We dragged  took her two kids, K, 14, and S, 12 with us, so it was a very interesting trip!!! We had a great day, and I took a ton of pictures! She loaded up the kids' bikes, so they were able to ride around the town, which they did. We had brunch at the Tod Mountain Cafe, and it was so good!!! We then wandered around town. There were a few places that I hadn't been before, but there were a few places  that I had been to. We toured Lone Wolf Gallery, and John Tod Trading CompanyRocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Southside Board ShopSun Peaks Massage and Spa (to look around at the products), and a couple of other places that I don't remember. S decided to go on the bike ramp/trail thing, and he really loved that. The sun played peekaboo for some of the day, but we had fun wandering around, laughing, and talking.

After a few hours, we dropped the kids off at home, and at a friend's house, and we went on a drive around town. By now, it was getting cold, but we didn't really want to be done with the day...we went for a drive, trying to find on how to get to a trail that can be seen going up a mountain "behind" the city. We couldn't find on how to get to said trail, but we had fun trying!! It was a great day, spent with great friends!!! Now...where should we go next year???


Here are the pics from the day...if you want to see more, check out my IG page, or my FB page.



 The entry to SP :)
 The Go-Kart Ride in the background, and the bike trail-thing in the foreground.
t
One of the many shops :)

If you haven't been to Sun Peaks, you really ought to go....you can go for the day, just to walk around....no skiing/snowboarding or staying over night needed!!! For dinner (if I can remember), I have eaten at Macker's (which is now another restaurant, and Bella's Italia, and to stay in, I would recommend staying in the Calhilty Lodge, or Hearthstone Lodge (I only stayed there, b/c I went to a few ladies' retreats up there, otherwise, I would have never have been able to have afforded to stay there).

1 comment:

Robyn said...

What fun and what a beautiful place! :)

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...