Monday, November 19, 2018

I'm Alive!

Yes, I am alive! I just haven't felt much like blogging :) I thought I would get some blogs hammered out when we had our 3 day wknd, but that didn't happen. I still have about 8 posts that need to be written and posted. I haven't done a Five on Friday in awhile....since it is almost Tuesday, I will try and do this wknd. I HAVE been watching lots of Hallmark Movies, however! I have also started on a new Danielle Steel book. I read the one (D.S book) that I stopped reading 3 or 4 years ago (which was the last book that I HAD read until I started up reading again this summer). I also am going to try a Debbie Macomber book, and I might even try a Joanne Fluke book (I never read murder mysteries!).

Life is ticking along. If you have been watching my InstaStories, you probably know that we had tried to order something to fix our back defroster, but it never showed. Anker tried to put in a dispute with PayPal, and they sided with the seller. Goody. Anyway...not sure which route we will go now....get a new window in for $500, try another cheaper idea, or go through the winter with my scraping off the back window (which I do, anyway). Also, Canada Post is on a bit of a strike right now, so the chances of getting something that isn't priority (Christmas, government), before spring is pretty unlikely.

This last weekend was pretty lazy. I slept in, watched TV/movies, babysat H, read, didn't blog, journaled, went to church and did the music slides for the first time (almost!) on my own, checked out the "new" library downtown that had been renovated, took myself to Starbucks (only once!), found out that my mom was super sick, ran errands (Wal-Mart shop!!), went to the library, and went for groceries (not necessarily in that order!). It was a good weekend, for the most part. I wish that Anker and I had done something together, but that didn't happen. Oh well :)

Anker got approved from some compression gloves, and he was able to get three pairs. He has only worn them once or twice, but the really likes them, and they seem to help him with the cold. Work/school has been going well. Although the days sometimes do go slow, I find that the months go by fast! I cannot believe that it is almost November 20th! I visited K (my SIL) last Thursday, and I had planned on staying for only an hour or two, and I ended up staying nearly 4 hours!

Although I am into reading, watching and listening to Christmas things, I can't seem to get myself motivated organized to start decorating. I haven't really begun any Christmas baking for shopping, either. We are thinking of going to see Anker's sister and her family this year, but we aren't sure. She has invited us, but we always stress out when it comes to travelling (money, car safety, etc), and then when the roads are bad, we are really stressed about it :) I think I am getting old :) It also has to do with driving with someone who stresses out pretty easily.

Happy Thanksgiving Week to all of my American friends!!! I am 1/4 American....does that mean I get to take Thursday off? :) Surely, that means I at least get some Turkey dinner :) Ha! Well, at least we have Black Friday sales!!!

 I got a really nice cranberry top from Walmart on Saturday, and I really like it. I also got the two Home Alone movies...a cheap Christmas CD, Christmas magazines, and The Grinch (the original one).
  I still find Black Friday sales hilarious! I usually don't go (though I think I have), but I might try and venture out after school on Friday.
I still don't like on how they changed their cranberry bliss bars, but I have to have at least one of them during the year. I love The Award...I am about half way done! I love me a White Peppermint Mocha.

 I bought this throw blanket from Save On Foods for $10.99 (plus tax!) I love me a throw blanket!
This was on how I spent a good chunk of Saturday...and yes, I will probably do the same thing this Saturday morning :) Oh...I did get caught up on The Good Dr, and Grey's.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...