Friday, November 2, 2018

A Few Random Things

Here are some random pics of my life lately :) One amazing thing that happened this wk (that should have been in my FoF) was that Anker was approved for 3 pairs of compression gloves. He has Raynaud's Phenomenon, which basically means that he gets cold in his hands and feet quicker and worse than we do. He gets pain, and he goes white. While this obviously isn't a problem over the warms days of spring and summer, over fall and winter, it gets really bad. So mach so, that he doesn't want to go out. After work today, we went to a local medical supply shop to get fitted for gloves. So far, so good! Here are some random photos of things that happened (in no particular order) that I did in the last couple of weeks.

 The top one I got at Value Village at the end of August, and I like it, but I don't wear it often, b/c it has ties that come out from the sleeves that usually come undone. I do love it, though. The bottom one was one that Mom bought for me a few weeks ago. I love it!! It is from Reitman's, and it is very flowy, which I love (and need!).
I don't have a full picture of me wearing it, but there is a photo of the top part of me with it on on my IG account.
                    I tried the Witch's Brew Frap at Starbucks the other night. It was weird.

I am stalling on the reading department lately. I seem to be only watching TV/movies, and going out with friends (well "going out" isn't really the word..it is more like going to their house to chat...or going out for coffee). I think I have only read one (long-reading) magazine this week...and I haven't touched any of my books since Sunday! I hope to try to start up again this week :)


I haven't really don't Halloween in ages, but I went out with my sister-in-law to a party that a local church was having in the community. It was really well done, and lots of people showed up, which was wonderful. They had food, drinks, and candy! H went as a Space Trooper-thing. I saw lots of people from the school, so that was kind of cool. I was feeling a bit down, though, towards the end..these events cause me to reflect on the fact that we don't have kids. So, I left and went to the library. Then, after the library, and I went and chased firework shows for an hour! I didn't get home until 9! Oh, and I might have gotten some candy!


I have been seeing Naan Chips all over Social Media lately, so I was kind of craving them. I found a some with hummus, but it was too expensive, so I bought tzatziki, and some Naan bread, cut the bread up, and voila...I had chips!
That being said, I have sort of been thinking of how many carbs I take in a day...so I was hoping to start finding new things to eat...so far, I only had eggs one day (and also an egg and turkey bacon sandwich today), but hey, it's a start. I also hate omelette's. I used my Tupperware Breakfast Maker to make some eggs, and although they tasted rubbery (probably b/c I had them in for too long), at least it was the idea, right?


I am trying to grow out my bangs. Ya'll, I hate it! It is driving me insane! But, I have to keep up with it! I hope to be able to put into a side braid by Christmas! Mom says that it will probably be a year before they will be long enough to put into a pony tail with the rest of my hair.

I think that is about all around here :) In Canada, Christmas things have started!!! I do try to wait until have Remembrance Day to start listening to Christmas music, shop, decorate, etc. But everything else is fair game :) I AM trying to finish all my fall-related movies before I start my Christmas ones, though. Speaking of movies..I have about 8 dvds from the library that I need to watch...but I seem to be watching other things right now :) Oh, yah, back to the movies that I was talking about...I will also find them on NF, and on YT :)


1 comment:

Robyn said...

I have Raynaud's Phenomenon too and started having a flair up this morning. First time in quite awhile. I didn't realize compression gloves could help. Very good that he got them.

I go in streaks of doing my favorite things too and don't worry about it too much. I haven't picked up any of my books to read for 5 days with being so busy with the in-laws coming.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...