Saturday, April 13, 2019

Five on Friday

Happy Saturday, Friends!!! I have had a week! Can I get an AMEN that it is the weekend??

I haven't done an FoF in awhile, so I thought I would start off my blogging drought with that, as it is usually pretty easy post to write :)

Here are some fives from the week:

1) Holy Week (And some short weeks!)

For we Christians, this Sunday is Palm Sunday, and this week is called Holy Week; the week before Jesus died and rose again! I am thankful that I serve a RISEN Saviour, and that He loved us SO MUCH, that He died for us!! We are looking forward to going to my parents' house next wknd (last year, Easter was over our Spring Break, so we didn't get an extra wknd off), to hang out with them, and do all the Easter things...which isn't much (our family celebrates it, but it usually falls in my family's busiest month on the ranch, so we didn't grow up with the Easter Stuff, plus I think that Easter eggs and bunnies are kind of lame), but we will have fun :) Also, we were back for one week, and then we had a 4 day week last week (this one just past), and this week is going to be a four day week, and so is next week :) I am not sad about it.

2) New Car

Anker and I got a new (to us) car last Saturday.  I might tell of the story on how we got it (it is kind of a cool story, actually), and after a week of driving it, I actually can say that I love it!!! It is a 2010 Chevy Malibu, and we just rolled onto 110K on it.



3) New Laptop

Our brother-in-law keeps us supplied in new to us computers, as work he works in a computer shop. My last computer is fine, but the battery needed to be replaced, and since he/we couldn't find a new battery, he sent us a new computer. Now, I have to figure out on how to get all of my information, photos, etc from the old one, to this one. Or, I might not even worry about it and just do everything manually. I don't have any documents that need to be saved, and most of my photos are all on FB, too, anyway.


4) Free Swag

I went with a friend to her Volunteer Appreciation Dinner on Monday, and I made off with some free swag, so I call that a WIN! Everyone got a Saje Wellness gift bag, and a few other places donated their goods, which was totally awesome. Their door prizes where phenomenal! I bet there was about $3,000 worth of prizes...no joke! The dinner was so good, too! I had the best roast beef that I had had in ages!!!

5) Tax Return (and a funny story!)

Anker and I did our taxes last month, and we are going to be getting some money back. But, we have a funny (and annoying!) story to tell you! We had filed online through Turbo Tax, and we are POSITIVE that we saw that it had been sent, but I had kept checking on it, and it said that it hadn't been processed. I decided to check on it, by talking to a real live person, and they said that they hadn't received it yet. So, sure enough, Anker checked on it, and it hadn't been sent. That was super lovely! At least he didn't have to redo the entire return again! Anyway, we are hoping to get the refund soon!

That is all for this post. I have been at Starbucks for nearly two hours, and I have only did this one post. Grr!!


1 comment:

Robyn said...

Take 2 of trying to post a comment. Your blog post reminded me that it was Palm Sunday so I made extra effort to make sure we got to church on time (for once) the next morning. The "new" car is pretty and the "new" laptop great too! I still need to transfer stuff from this old, slow laptop to my "new" one.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...