Wednesday, June 24, 2020

A New Chapter Begins (AKA: How Not To Have a Midlife Crisis)

Happy OFFICIAL SUMMER HOLIDAYS! To say that 2020 has been interesting as been an understatement. I have decided that 2021 will be my (our) year for sure!!!

COVID/SUMMER UPDATE:
I am house/dog sitting at my friend's as I write this. I am sitting on their balcony, and listening to the birds, rain, kids, wind, etc. To say that this is a much needed vacation (or Coronacation) is definitely an understatement. I have been reading, sleeping, eating, playing on my phone, sitting on their balcony, watching movies, and now, blogging :)

I am off to the ranch this weekend with the boys, and I think this will be my 4th time since to the ranch since COVID arrived. I went a couple of weekends ago by myself, and I had a nice time hanging out with family. And yes, I am SO OVER social distancing, self-isolation, etc. However, I am not a complete idiot; I adhere to the rules when I am out, and I wash (as one should do anyway) after I come home from running errands; and I tend to only wear my pants once before washing them, and I use hand sanitizer more than normal. I probably go out less than usual (Library is still closed, some restaurants/coffee shops have reopened, but to half capacity); I still only TRY to go to as few places as possible, and other than work (more on that later), I don't really go to places to "stay" (well, that is sort of true!) Our church (which is small) has started meeting up; you have to get "tickets" (they're free). Our church has also started up an in person Bible Study, and our Wednesday Worship are back on (I don't know that the ever really "off"). There are a few gatherings starting to happen (and yes, I have been to a few; including our church ladies' End of the Year Bible Study Potluck, and my Girls Group had a dinner together; both were in May/June!), and people have started travelling/camping a bit more. I usually only go to my brother's place, and I also spend some evenings with Emily (I bring my own lawn chair, and we are careful when/if we are having snacks and drinks) watching movies. Oh, yes...how can I forget that I had a TINY scare with THE COVID, and I had to take the lovely test. Yah, fun times! FYI: I was negative :) I would say that Kamloops is about halfway to normal, and I think it might still be awhile before things are fully back to normal (and a lot of people say this might be the "new normal"!). For the most part, I feel part way back to "normal" (see above), but I know that it is nowhere near back to where things should be. Anyway, I know that God still sits on the throne, and HE is in CONTROL of ALL things!

END OF SCHOOL UPDATE:
Yes,  most of BC went back (optionally) June 1, but our school went back May 25th. They were only in from 8:30-1200, and I was there from 8:30-11. It went ok for the most part; we only had up to 11 students in our class. They were all pretty contained; separate recesses, no music, art (though gym was every day), no water fountain use, minimal kids in the bathroom, no use of the library, no chapel/grad ceremony, no sharing food, no class parties, etc. It actually went better than I thought, and the kids did really well. For the last day of school (June 19th), instead of all the primary having our annual "Fun Day", complete with a Bouncy Castle, etc, each individual class had their own celebration. Some kids had a class party, and our class had a pared down version of "Fun Day". They had a few stations set up, and the older kids helped operate them. We ended up having an individually wrapped snack at the end. I got some lovely gifts from the kids and their families, and I ended up gifting a mini gift to the kids who were there. I stayed until 1, as I helped clean up the classroom a bit, and I visited with a few people before I left. I went home to get ready for a night out (more in another post), and I went back to the End of the Year Backyard Bash at my boss' house. They gave me a nice GC (it had a combination of stores where you could use them for/to/at), and we had snacks, and we sat and enjoyed her yard.

NEXT CHAPTER UPDATE:
In April, my work informed me that they would not be renewing my contract in/for September. It came as a surprise, and a shock, but all good things must come to an end, and I was half thinking of moving on to another job, anyway. I KNOW that God has another plan, and this is a new/next chapter of/in my life. I won't lie and say that it has been a hard few months (not to mention COVID!), and I MAY have had a TINY midlife crisis/anxiety attack that lasted a couple of months, but now that summer is here (more anxiety!), and things are slightly back to normal, I think I can finally start thinking about looking around for another job (You know, in case my Blogger and IGer Influencer career doesn't pan out!). Again, I KNOW that God is in control of everything, so I am trying not to freak out, and to wait on Him. I am taking this opportunity as chance to find yet another skill set that I have yet to tap into (that hasn't been discovered yet!). This also includes writing a NEW resume in a new OS (or Google Docs) from SCRATCH! I don't even have an old resume to go off of...soooo, wish me luck!!!



This is what I wrote on my FB and IG (along with some pics..obvs) regarding my work update:

I have been a bit quiet (status/life update-wise the last few days, and very quiet the last couple of months about this next update: This last day of school was very odd this year. On top of it being the weirdest school year ever, and 2020 being so interesting, i am not going back in Sept. This place has stretched/taught/grew me in more ways than one. I loved working with Christian people, whom i have the honour and privilege of calling my friends. I loved praying and worshipping every day. I loved talking about Jesus and His love; with each other, and with the kids. Thank you for making me feel included. Thank you for loving and caring for me these last few years. You will always have a special place in my heart! It was such a wonderful community to be apart of...not only with coworkers, but with school/family community as well; parents i am blessed to call my friends! Thank you all for coming along side of me/us, and making/calling us family! Thank you for the encouraging words, and for lifting me up when i needed it. The gifts this year were, as usual, wonderfu! Chocolate, gcs, magazines, tea, cookies...i will miss you all...parents, kids, coworkers!

 


OTHER STUFF:
We had a new niece born on Monday! My brother Seth and his wife Naomi had their 2nd baby girl...Zayla Valeriana June; 7lbs, 5 oz :) She is a dolly!

I am starting to read books again. Ok, so they are only Danielle Steel books, but hey....you have to start somewhere, right?

Blogger is still acting weird. Anyone else having this issue?





1 comment:

Robyn said...

Enjoyed reading. Good luck on writing a new resume. There are a lot of helpful websites for that.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...