Saturday, September 14, 2019

Sauce, Starbucks, Sliders, Smoke, Storm(s), Sunflowers, Sunsets, Sushi, & Sleep

Here is a compilation of all things starting with the letter "S" in my life! Please note, these are not necessarily in chronological order!

Sauce:

Anker made spaghetti sauce the other, and it was not good. We think it was b/c he put in parmesan cheese (which the recipe had told him to do), which made it gritty. We will add it to some store-bought stuff, and it will taste great (hopefully!)



Starbucks:

Yes, I went to SB a few times...I had my first PSL (which, normally I don't have until after Labour Day), even though it was 30c outside! It was ok..but I found that I didn't enjoy as much..maybe b/c it was 30c outside! I did go and have a PSL frap (pretty good), and a Cinderella latte (which, on IG got a lot of views on my stories, but not on my feed), and it was REALLY GOOD!!! Half PSL, and half either white mocha, or white hot chocolate. YUM!





Sliders:

I was given a few. buns after our BTS lunch last week, and we decided to make sliders out of them..they were really good!

Smoke:

As I had said in my last post, a local school burnt down....and smoke could be seen from almost everywhere in the city. I love that our city got together and rallied around this school community. Our local first responders were (and are!) amazing, and our local 7-11 supplied free water for those fighting the fire. People on/in our local neighbourhood group offered free babysitting to those kids who were displaced. A few local business put on free camps for kids; some stores accepted donations...the list goes on. Our city is small, but mighty!


Storm (s):

We had two storms last week! One was on Tuesday, and one was last Saturday. A friend and I went for a drive, and as we were coming home, we could see the storm clouds gathering. We found a place to watch the lightening. We sat in my car with our chips, and had a front row seat to the best light show in town!


Sunflowers:

Our sunflower plants ended up getting to me 8 or 9 feet tall! Anker said that they finally fell down the other day. I love sunflowers!!!



Sunsets:

Labour Day Monday, there was a a beautiful sunset, so naturally, I had to take a picture!


Sushi:

Last Friday, my friend and I went for sushi at Hatsuki Sushi, and it was SO GOOD! We ended up realizing that it had been over a year since we had been out together! The meal and the visit were good :)




Sleep:

I have been having some trouble with sleep again. Even if I take my sleeping pills, I sometimes take awhile to get down. I think it has to do with being back into routine, and knowing that I have to get up in the morning...and also b/c of our (sometimes) annoying neighbour. Sometimes he/they get a bit loud, and it gets frustrating!


No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...