Saturday, September 14, 2019

Five on Friday: BTS Edition

****I had hoped to post this LAST Friday, but I never got around to it...it is now September 14....but I am going to leave it as if it were for this last week****


Oh my! The first week of school hit all of us H-A-R-D! I am T-I-R-E-D! It didn't help that I am anxious about getting enough sleep at night, due to one of our neighbours being loud (or not being loud). Anyway....it was a great first week back, I gotta say. BUT, I did not want to (or should I say, I couldn't) leave after school yesterday....I was SO tired! And it wasn't just me, y'all. My teacher even felt it. The children...ooh, the children! By 11 on Wednesday, the kids were asking to go home! Ha! I think some of the staff were too! #schoolemployeelife! Our teacher was great at easing us all into it, though. We did some printing, and some fun activities. I think we will hit it hard on Monday! Lawd! I don't know if I can do a full week! Ha! It is really a sweet and fun class, though, and I am learning all of their names! I think they know mine...or not...who knows? :)

1) The teacher moved into a "new" classroom, that used to be the staff room until the year I started. It has its own bathroom, and kitchen. Did I mention that it has A/C!!! The room itself seems bigger, and not as stifling, and the teacher has her own little "nook", which is kind of cool.

2) I found a fun Fall Craft for the kids to do (she asked me look on Pinterest for an activity for them to do), and it was a howling success! Even I wished that I had done it. I will post the link here.



3) So this isn't exactly BTS-related, but it happened this week, so I am putting it down...Mom came in on Wednesday, as she was headed to Calgary the next morning, and she had meetings that evening. We ended up having a slumber party, complete with Pizza and PJs, and sharing a bed! We watched a very complicated Murder, She Wrote.

4) A local school (like, really local) burnt down on Thursday, which was a complete shock and surprise. We aren't sure exactly what happened, but 350 kids have been displaced, including our Land Lord's and our nice neighbour (the family of the really annoying neighbour!) were slated (and had) to start there this year. I drove by it today, and it is in SHAMBLES! I thought at first that it was only a section of the school...but we all realized very soon that the whole school is, well, burnt. I am thankful that our community is so caring, offering up free day camps, babysitting, etc. There has been a GO FUND ME page for some of the teachers. There were about 30 years' worth of resources, as well as kids' belongings, and their own school supplies! A local toy store is offering a discount to/for teachers for their class "wish list". I am sure that our school will be doing something to help.

5) Again, this doesn't really have to do with school, but I am running out of school-related things, so I am going to document this here...my (very nice) neighbour (not the one who is loud and annoying) and I have watching movies and hanging out. She is a single gal a few years younger than me, and is a kitty mom too (she just got a kitty earlier this week!). I love that she is close enough for me to walk (duh!), and even though we don't gab a lot to each other, we have fun just relaxing and watching movies.

....and on another completely different note...my Mac laptop now has me "export" my pictures, instead of saving them. It seems to be the same thing, but it now asks me if I want to "export" instead of save. Weird. Anker doesn't even know what that means. Usually, export means to send them somewhere....has this happened to anyone else?





No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...