Saturday, September 14, 2019

Anniversary, Both Marriage and Blog

Well, I am happy to say that I we all survived the first full week of school! I wasn't as tired yesterday as I was last Friday! Yay! We were alls sure wanting and needing the break, though! The class is a very sweet class, and I think we will have a wonderful year together!!!

Also, can anyone else believe that it is almost the middle of September!!??? Whaaat??

At the end of July, Anker and I celebrated 12 years of marriage! I usually do an anniversary post each year, and I did a combined post (with my bday) entitled "Things about Me/Us", which you can view here. We didn't do much on our actual anniversary. Anker made us brunch, and then in the evening, we went for a drive. It was nice to spend some time together. The day itself was very quiet and relaxed.

The next day, my church had a "beach day" up at a local provincial park/lake, that I ended up going to. It was cool, but I had a fun time with visiting, eating and relaxing! I even ended up going for a swim! Some of the adults played games, and some when kayaking. Anker wasn't feeling well, so he stayed home.

We ended going to my family's B&B for 48 hours at the end of BC Day/ Civic Day Long Weekend (which was the following weekend). I had asked Mom if we could have it on our Anniversary wknd, and she said that it was full. She said that she had two nights after the long wknd open, so we took them! We had a lovely 48 hours (sort of) alone. It was heavenly! Funnily enough, we found out a few weeks afterwards, that were some issues regarding our annoying neighbour that happened while we were away. We were very glad that we weren't around to see that!

Anker and I had gone out there on July 31st. I visited my cousin for a few hours, and I left Anker there to work on a few projects that needed to get done. I came home in time to go to my SILs bday supper at a local Irish Pub, and then I was alone for a few days, and it was heaven! I got to watch things on the Big TV, and Calico and I had a couple of girls' nights :) Anker had been there for a few days, when I had arrived on Sunday afternoon. We had a deli-roast chicken for supper (I had stopped to grab some food along the way), and we had a nice evening, relaxing and talking.We enjoyed looking at the stars with very little city lights in the evening. Monday, we had our coffee out on the patio, and I had breakfast. I think I read, and Anker played his game. He went to work on something, and I had a visit with my childhood friend who was visiting from Alberta for a few days. When she messaged me to tell me that she was coming up, AND when I realized that we would be out there at the same time, well, I knew that it was perfect timing! She and I swam, ate, and visited for a couple of hours. Then, it was time to get ready to go out fo our anniversary dinner at The Gateway Grill, and it was SO GOOD!!! Mom sells her veggies to them, and they also will sometimes carry our lamb on the menu. We had never been there before (sad, I know), and it was delicious! I had the salmon burger, and Anker and the Jager Schnitzel. We were going to split a piece of chocolate cake, but we decided to grab some donuts from the grocery store bakery instead. Yum! We stopped in one of my family's fields on the way home, and ate more than our share, and then visited with my aunt and uncle for about a half hour. We looked at the stars again, and I think I sat outside and read for a bit, and I read inside, too, I think. The next morning, we ate breakfast, cleaned up, and shared our leftovers with Mom for lunch. We left in the afternoon (I think he came home with me...I can't remember!), and well, I think that's all!
                                 Anker made us a lovely brunch on our anniversary morning!
                                                     Brunch always tastes better outside.

                        Not sure if this was the first or second night...reading and drinking pop outside :)
                                               The sunset is always better in the country!
I have more pictures on my IG and FB from our getaway, if you are interested.

It has also been twelve years since I started our blog! You can read the first entry here. I have gone a few different directions with in over the years, but I generally like where it is at now. I "met" a lot of people through blogging (and Social media), and I have enjoyed writing a bit our lives. I wish I could say I made money with it, but it is for my writing journey and pleasure only, it seems! I only have 30 or so followers, but I know that I get a fair amount of traffic monthly, which makes me realize that it isn't an entire waste of time!




No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...