Saturday, March 23, 2019

Spring Break: Wk 1

Have I told you that I am happy that I have two weeks of Spring Break??? I love my job (and the money!), but I also love me TWO WEEKS OFF!!! The public schools in our district did 2 weeks for a few years as an experiment, and this is the first year that they have gone back to 1 week. Anyway, I am happy that I have another week off (I work at a private school)!

So, with that, here are what I/we have been doing for the week 1 of SB:

**Technically, my Spring Break started on Tuesday night, March 12th, as I was going the next day to Calgary for the funeral. I will talk about that hopefully in another post, but I will start on Sunday, the day after we got back.**

Sunday:

Church (which, sorry to say was a bit boring...but it was nice to see people, so, yay!). I went and grabbed a $20 DVD player b/c the old player that I had in our room just stopped working, plus it had no remote, so it was kind of a pain to use. Then I fed our fish at school. Then I grabbed Anker, and we went for a dayte (what I call a date in the day) to McDonald's, and then we went to Canadian Tire to grab some seeds and goodies. I am not sure what I  did afterwards. I think I watched a couple of Hallmark movies, and hung out in the evening. I think I changed the sheets on our bed.

Monday:

I have no clue what I did that day. I think it was a pretty lazy day; I slept in, I read, watched tv, went to the library. Then I came home, and relaxed some more. I had plans on my meeting my friend half way so that we could go to Bible Study together, but my sister called just as I was about to leave, so I wanted to chat with her. I still got to Bible Study; I just went on my own.

Tuesday:

I think I slept in, and I relaxed for awhile in the morning. I ran a few errands, and then I picked up my teacher to take her to the airport. We had a coffee first (duh!), which was nice, b/c it gave us a chance to get caught up. After dropping her off, I went to the school to get wifi, and did an instastory until I had to meet my cousin (well, my mom's cousin's wife) for coffee, again at Starbucks. We had a nice chat, and then I went to the library and hung out there for a couple of  hours. I came home, and I am sure that we had dinner in the evening. I uploaded A TON of pics onto IG/FB, whilst catching up on my shows.

Wednesday:

The First Day of Spring! K wanted to me to Babysit J for a couple of hours (H was at gramma's), and of course it was at 9 am, and of course, I didn't sleep well the night before! Oh well...J and I had fun..he has discovered the buttons on the DVD player, so that's fun :) We played outside (I had hoped to take him to get a donut (or a TimBit), but he wouldn't get in the stroller! So, we just played outside.   I had lunch with K (I also did a Day in the Life on my Instastories), and then I went to my dentist appointment. I have been having problems with a sore tooth for a couple years, and they think they have found out what is wrong. Of course, it is still bothersome, but they said to give it another week, as it was kind of being irritated while they were checking my bite, etc. I went to Jysks to pick up a few things. I was actually looking for a new duvet cover, and Anker wanted to me to pick up a greenhouse that he had found on their site. I didn't find the duvet, but I did some containers to put junk in. I actually love the greenhouse, too! I went to Starbucks, and to Walmart. I grabbed another container, the 11th season of TBBT, bananas, cucumber, TurboTax system, and I think that is all. I grabbed some groceries on the way home, and we had chicken dinner. I even roasted some veggies, I think! I also indulged, and I got some Mary Brown's taters, and they are SO GOOD! Anker and I did our taxes, and then I read magazines, and watched more of my shows (I think?), and read magazines in the evening.

Thursday:

I relaxed in the morning (I think I started on a movie), and then Anker and I ran a few errands, and ended up going for lunch/supper. We went to Edo Japan. Anker had a rice bowl, and I had their sushi. It was good, but I think next time, I will ask them to make me fresh sushi, as the ones I had (in the to go containers) were a bit dry. We also went to the dollar store. We came back home, and I went outside for the first time this year, and watched Anker garden, while I read my book. I just hung out in the evening, and I did laundry. I probably did an instastory, and watched instastories, and I hung out. I know that I didn't watch any shows/movies from our PVR, cause I only watched the one movie (which took all day!). I did do a quick run to the library, and then came home. I visited our neighbour (my friend's parents) for an hour or so. THEN I came home and I finished my movie (Our Family Wedding).



Friday:

I woke up at 830, and I started watching another movie, called Life of the Party (it was ok). Then I left at around 1130, and I grabbed lunch at McDs (I love their $5 meals!), and then I went to the library for a couple of hours, and then I met my friend and her boys for coffee. We ended up going to the park near my house, and we sat outside, which was nice. Red Beard has probably the BEST iced tea (yes, better than my favourite coffee shop!) hands down! Their cookie was pretty good, too. After our visit, I had an appointment downtown. Afterwards, I had 45 minutes left in my parking, which I didn't want to waste, so I thought I would walk around downtown. It was a beautiful day, and I don't get to walk around d/t much, so it was kind of fun. I thought I would try out Swiss Pastry. They have the BEST fruit torte pastries around (I have had them a few times at parties), and I wanted to try it again, and didn't disappoint. I came home, for awhile, and then I left b/c Anker was using the saw (he had to go and buy a new one yesterday), to cut up his garden boxes, and it was driving me insane! I went to a little park down the street, and he called me when he was done. I read a bit, and I listened to music on tv. We had a late supper of sandwiches, and I also finished my movie.
 Arnold Palmer and a cookie from RB.


                                                     Torte and Tea from SP. Yum!

 Saturday:

So far, I slept in, and I read some books and magazines from the library, and helped Anker with something. I am at Starbucks right now, and I will head to the library for a bit, and then babysit the boys this evening.

So, that is Week 1 of Spring Break! Like I said in the previous post, I will probably do a bit of cleaning this coming week, as we have company coming over.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Sounds like a good week. :)

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...