Saturday, March 23, 2019

Favourite 5

Happy Saturday, Friends! It is beautiful here in Kamloops! It is currently 16c (60F) right now! I haven't taken out my capri's/Shorts, and sandals yet, but I will probably bring them out soon :)

Here are my fives from the last week :

1) Spring is Here!

Anker has been so excited to get gardening since, oh, I don't know, January?...so he is feverishly been working at it. He has decided to go with regular "ground gardening" vs boxed/raised boxes this year, so he spent a lot of time the last couple of days ripping things apart. I actually went out and sat on our chair swing for the first time this year.


2) Good Books

I am **still** reading "The Librarian of Auschwitz", and I may have started on a Danielle Steel book :) Hey, it has some history in it...:)


3) Road Trip

Ok, so this technically happened last week (of which I will try to blog about...probably in the fall..lol), but since I didn't do an FoF last week, I am putting this on this week. I went with Dad, Mom, Isaac (the youngest of we 7 kids!), and H. We went for my grandpa's funeral/celebration of life last week, and we had a wonderful time (both in and out of the car!). H was a perfect traveller, and he had NO ELECTRONIC DEVICES! Did I mention that the trip was 8 hours each way?

4) Safety

I actually nearly got plowed over by a gas truck yesterday (true story), and it actually did shake me up a bit. I am thankful that I had looked AGAIN before turning!

5) Daytes, Babysitting, Downtime

I will blog more about it soon (I hope!), but this week has been busy, but fun! Anker and I had a dayte (what I call a day date), I babysat the boys (and will do so tonight), and of course, reading and relaxing :) I will probably clean up a bit next week, as my brother and his family are coming to stay the night, so I have to clean out our spare room (it has become a junk room (me and Anker), and work room (Anker), so we have to clean it out. Did I tell you that we get 2 weeks off for Spring Break (which is another favourite of mine for this week!)???

Linking up with :





1 comment:

Robyn said...

Fun! I'm interested to learn about gardening some time. It'd be nice to grow some of our own food. Glad you didn't get hurt from the truck!

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...