Saturday, September 10, 2022

Still Here? Earth to April's Blog/It's Been a HOT Minute..

 Hello! Well, I have a few drafts in my drafts folder, but they are only really the title and maybe a few lines, and that is all. I haven't been into blogging much lately. It could be that I don't really have a desk/table (we have bought a desk, and I have a small desk/side table that I use..sometimes), or it could be that I don't think anyone really cares to read it? Or it could be that I am not making $ off of it, and no one reads it, nor do I have that many followers :) Or, it could be that I just haven't been "feeling it" much lately. Or it could be that my blogging days have come to a stop (or a rest?)? Or, maybe this is just the season where I don't much (or at all)? Or it may be b/c I feel like I am "behind" in my blog posts, and that every event needs to have one blog post (which, I know it doesn't, but still..) Interestingly enough, I haven't really been journalling much the last few years (I have one journal that I am STILL working on finishing it!). Anyway...here I am...if only for a short time (but a good time!).

As we all are aware, this world is pretty much gone to cr@p. Wars, pandemic, and everything that goes with that (see below), (we won't go there, k, pumpkin?), fights at the Oscars (that last little "pumpkin" was in reference to Smith's line it Hitch, which I watched again last night. I absolutely LOVE that line, and I use it often), strange weather (yah, who knows about that...Bio engineering, I think they call it?), and well, I think that is all..(for now!), and the truckers convoy, weird shows for adults and kids that have my eyes rolling, too many books out from the library....the world has been so divided for so long, and grow weary of it. However, I am glad to see, and hear that things are SLOWLY coming back together again! No masks, (mostly) all gatherings are now allowed inside (BC was the last province to end the mask-date, large indoor gatherings (with no vx pp), and hopefully we can eat in waited table service restaurants w/o our vx pp SOON!), and of course, in person parties, Bible studies, movie nights with friends and family (and it is SPRING, so we can go outside/have outdoor parties/gatherings again!), and of course, travelling (not that I did much before, specially international travel)!

Both Anker and I were hit with the 'Rona in Jan or February. Thankfully, we didn't get too hard with it. Yes, we got vx; whether that played a part in it, I don't know. But we both recovered well, for which I am thankful.

August 24, 2022

Well, I started this in April, and here it is, almost the end of August, and I still haven't finished this post!

Yah, so it has been a HOT minute since I have posted!!! I have 10 or so titles and a few words in some of the drafts, but I have yet to make a full (even a short) post since January! Where do I start???? :)

Annnnd...It has been a week since I wrote that first paragraph! Ha! I am the world's slowest/laziest blogger. I like and miss blogging, but then I try to start a draft/post, and then I go, "nah, I'm too tired", etc. Or I think I will blog a bit while watching tv, and then I just end up lying down instead.

Soooo....where do I start?? No, really, where do I start? Someone help me :)

Well...first off, how can it be almost 3/4's of the way through 2022? How is it possible? I still have Christmas movies on my PVR from LAST Christmas, y'all!!! Since I am technically over a year behind in updates, etc, let's go back to last summer, shall we? Like I said, I had a few posts (with only the titles) in my drafts of individual updates/events, etc, but I clearly probably won't be doing that now. So, here goes....

I did do a little catch up post last September, but I didn't included everything (including one of the titles/events that I was going to write about), even though I did two write ups last Falltumn. Anyway..I digress and rambling again...

June 2021:

For my 45th bday last year, I wanted to do something fun. The ladies group that I was with at the time (more on that another time; maybe) had suggested that we all go to Kelowna; which is the next large (and larger than Kamloops) city to the south east of us. We met up at a truck stop on the way there, so we could all drive together. We had a lovely time; the weather was perfect. We had brunch at The Jammery (this was before the vx pp was mandated/enforced), and it was SOOOO fun! We wandered around the Kelowna harbour (it is on a lake), and we went to their only good (but larger than ours) mall (I think? I can't even remember now!). Orchard Park Mall/Shopping Centre is the mall that we Kamloopsians WISH we had (but really, it's not that much better than Aberdeen Mall). We also went to Penningtons in Vernon (the next small city-smaller than Kammy) to the south east of us; btwn Kamloops and Kelowna), as our P-tons here closed. And we are all very sad about it. It wasn't even from Cvd; it was an executive/head off decision, apparently. I got a t-shirt that has long since been ripped up and thrown away. I think we went to Boston Pizza for dinner; which is also in Vernon. It was a lovely day out of the city (and in other cities!), and a great time spent with friends.

July & August 2021:

Last Summer was hot and smokey! I looked after the boys (in town & at the ranch) during the heat dome that was Canada Day long wknd. I house sat; had my day of fun with my friend (that will probably get a separate post), read, relaxed, had lunch with my friend Crystal who lives in Alberta (but who came out for a bit last summer, and came into town for a day). We had a lovely catch up visit over a lovely lunch. I don't remember what all I did; but I think it was a good summer :) 

September & October 2021:

Yah, I don't remember what all we did, then, either. I even just now went into my FB photos for help. Ha!

Well, it is now September 10th! Ugh! It seems that both journalling and blogging have taken a serious back seat/hit lately. Funnily enough, I seem to have a lot of time to read and watch tv (A LOT of TV!).

AAANNNNYYYHHOOO...

I don't remember what all I/we did in September, but I know that I did some house sitting, etc in Sept and October, and we decided not to do anything for Thanksgiving together, as A and K were away (in ON, I think?), and we were all going to get together in November (more on that later), and I think that nobody wanted to get getting together and getting sick (more on that, as well), so we all just did our own thing. It was REALLY weird not getting together, but it was kind of nice, too. I ended up looking after A and Ks house, so Anker and I had decided to have our own Thanksgiving at their house. 

The Big Thing that happened was that my sister (after MONTHS of not being able to come home, due to the Pan-D), came home in late October! Since she was really not allowed to see anyone (10 day q-tine, blah, blah, blah), Mom and Dad VERY quickly and us from a distance said a quick hello and did our air hugs, with promises to see each other when our lives allowed it. I "technically" wasn't supposed to see her until after her 10 day q-tine, but since she was going to Calgary for her first stint of her trip, and she really wanted me to come before they left, and so I went on her last couple of days before they all left for C-town. It was great having sister time (and essentially, just the 5 of us) before she had to run off again. In all, I think I saw her a total of 7 times (chunks of time), which was lovely! It was around this time (or shortly before) she started seeing a man named Nestor. Well, you can figure where things went from there! 

I also decided to get the Jab. Yes, I went there. I didn't want to, but I felt that given my health issues, and if I were to get the C, it could end up very badly for me, and that I probably should get it. I decided that if I got a bad reaction to it, I wouldn't get the second. So, we prayed the heck out of it (and the blood of Jesus over me/us), and we ended up getting them both done together, because, #couplegoals. I am very happy to say that (as of right now, at least, who knows what will happen years down the road) I didn't have any bad reactions, of which I was SO thankful! Anker also tolerated it well, of which was also a good thing. I think I got a bit sick, and a tiny fever, but other than that, I was fine. #praiseJesus

Late in October, Mom and Dad went to pick up Vienna in Calgary, and I decided to "officially" go and see her for the "first" time. The trip was fast and furious, and it was kind of cute, because she and I shared our aunt and uncle's grandkids' rooms/bunk beds. It kind of made it feel like we were at camp. It was great to see Grandma again; as well as a few other people. We left on the Friday, I think(?), and I decided to stay another day or so, because, hello, #unemployed! Sunday was Satan's favourite holiday, I mean, Halloween, but that didn't really affect us. I think Vienna talked in church, so that was fun to be there when she did that. We just hung out in the evening; I think we watched a movie. I decided that that  would be a great time to chip my tooth. I was very freaked out about it, and I might have cried a bit, because I hate dentists. I texted my friend who works in my dentist's office, and I asked her what I should do. She said that there wasn't much for me to do; just try and not swallow the tooth that broke off, if possible. I was able to get in a few days later. I ended up driving myself there, because I didn't think that they would do anything (I usually have to take drugs before I go). They ended up doing it right then and there, I was a good girl, and didn't freak out (much!)

....to be continued...



This was taken in July of 2019, but I still love this photo of us!!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

It has been a long time since you blogged, but I didn’t realize it had been that long.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...