Thursday, July 9, 2020

A Day in the Life: Birthday Edition

Well, it is now a month to the DAY from my bday, so I guess I had "better" do this, or delete it :) I thought instead of doing a day in the life like a usually do a few times a year, and a normal "birthday" post, I would combine the two :)

So...here ya go (hopefully, I remember everything that I did!) I am doing going to do an hour by hour post, b/c I didn't get any photos from the moment that I woke up..but I think I will start from when I left for work.

7:30 am (approx): Happy birthday to MMMEEEE! I wake up and get ready for the day. I put on makeup :)

8:15: I leave for the day...but first, a birthday selfie :)


8:30: Arrive at school to gifts.
8:40: Open gifts.


8:30-10:00 Work. I think it was a good day, from what I can remember :) Ha!

10:30: Go and pick up my friend and her cat to take to the vet. I know...fun times. I am a nice friend..what can I say?

11:30: I drop her off, and I go up the hill to get my driver's licence renewed. I am in an out in 15 minutes.

12:00: Pick up my friend, and we head home. I come home to some cards to open, and I hang out with Calico for a bit.
12:45: I don't remember when it was, if it was on my birthday, or the day before, but I bought some mags, and put them on Anker's account, b/c he didn't get me any bday gifts :) He did, however, make me a cake :)


1:00: Open cards. One is from my mom, and the other from my aunt (or my gramma).

Hang out for a bit, and I scroll on FB; looking at and responding to my HBD messages :)

2:00 (approx): We head on over to A and Ks for cake and tea. They give me a card and a GC to/for Starbucks.
The cake is good!!! It was a berry angel cake.

4:00: We head back home. My friend texts me to say that she has left something at our front porch. 
Isn't that cute?? I love it!!! It is a mug, and inside, there is a succulent plant. They are my new favourite thing. "Eh" is something that we Canadians say a lot...and it is a play on "A" team (as both our names start with the letter "A").

4:15: My other friend texts me to say that she has something for me, and she is on her way to drop it off. I try to have a nap. 

4:30: She arrives at around 4:30, and we chat for a bit. 
She gives me another plant (hilarious!), and also another GC to/for Starbucks. My friends and family know me so well!

4:45: After she leaves, I try to have another nap. It doesn't go well :) But I enjoy my birthday nap/laydown just the same.
5:45: I decide to head over to Starbucks to get my free bday drink :)
        I got Strawberry Acai Refresher with Coconut milk. Yum!

6:00: I head on over to the park to read some magazines for a bit. It is a bit chilly (despite the sun), so I enjoy reading in the car.

7:30: I end up going to look after the boys, b/c it is also A and Ks anniversary. They didn't ask; I offered. I just hang out and relax...the boys are are in bed. I play on my phone, and I watch something on NF (I think...I can't remember).
11:00: I INSIST on ending the day drinking something fun and fruity from my Happy Birthday Glass :) I don't know what I drank exactly; probably wine, or some of a cooler....but it was good. I end the day catching up on my HBD messages. 

All in all, I think it was a pretty good bday!!! So, there you have it! I didn't
t do anything fun or exciting, but it was ok!!! I think as an adult, I put less stress on myself and others to  do something "big" on/for my birthday (or other special days, like Valentine's Day, or our Anniversary). I find if I don't put too much stock in the day, then I am less disappointed. I think I am growing up!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday again! I’m glad it was a good day for you.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...