Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Five on Friday

I haven't done an FoF in AGES, so I thought I would do one for this week. I don't even know if I will link up, as the way links are done have changed SO much in the last few months! Anyway, here are some of my favourites from the last couple of weeks :)

1) A couple of weeks ago, I spent some of the day with my teacher friend. We went for coffee, went to the mall, and I found a couple of fun things to buy for myself at La Vie en Rose. We went to Sephora, where I had a quick eye makeover, and I got a few things. It was a fun day, and I really needed it :)


2) Last week, my friend and I (and her two kids), went to her parents' house, about 30 minutes east of the city for 28 hours, and we had the BEST time! We watched A Star is Born, ate, visited, went for a walk, slept, ate, visited, and ate some more! I will probably try do to a blog post about that soon :)

3) I haven't been reading books much lately, but I actually (re)started one today (plus another one last night). They are two (well, actually 3, as I have been stuck in the middle of one for ages, plus another WW2 book) Danielle Steel books. One is called The Duchess (I have stopped reading it, and I hope it pick it up to finish it soon), and one is called Turning Point (I actually had read 1 chapter a few weeks ago, but I read a few more chapters today), and her brand new one called Lost and Found. I am also trying to finish The Librarian of Auschwitz, but I am not even half way through it, but I am committed, and it isn't a bad book, so I want to see it through.





4) My summer has been going very well. I am at my parents' house for a few days, and I actually cannot believe on how busy it has been. I have had a few days where I haven't done much, which has been nice, but between babysitting, visiting with friends, time away, coffee-ing with friends, shopping with friends (I think you get the idea!), and errands (and of course, the library!), and a few other things. I actually haven't had a ton of time at home (which is partially my choice...but more on that another time). I have had a few days where I have been reading (magazines), and doing not much at all, which has been awesome. And no, I haven't really even journaled in ages! I did start a week ago, but I never finished the entry, so I have an extra week to catch up on! I wish I could say that I have been productive at home, but I haven't. I just don't like cleaning (therefore, don't like being home b/c of said mess), especially when it is hot. I joke that I am probably more productive the last couple of weeks before school than I am the whole summer! Oh, yah, and I DID go in this last Monday to help "my" teacher move into her new classroom.

5) I am thankful that we have had a mixture of sun and rain this summer. Ok, not a lot of rain, but at least we haven't had our city covered in smoke! I (these last couple of sentences were done on July 16) remember this time last year our city was covered in smoke...not fun! I wish we would get a bit more rain, but at least it hasn't been as dry as it was this time last year.

I am also linking up with Della Devoted for this week's High Five for Friday!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Nice! Funny how some books are easy to fly through, but others (while good) can take forever to get through.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...