Saturday, June 8, 2019

Neighbours and Nieces

This (and subsequent posts) is SO out of order, but oh well :) This is about our May Long (or Victoria Day) Wknd (May 17- 20, 2019). My friend was the one who came up with the name of this post, so I thought I would run with it :) She is very clever :) And again, I will post a few pics, but most of them will be on my IG or FB accounts.

Friday, May 17: This was a PRO D for our school (and most of the schools in Canada, I think), so I woke up a little later than usual, and off I went for a morning of learning. There was a little celebration for someone going on MAT leave (we have a 1 yr paid leave in Canada), so we had a few munchies, and then I ran off to what I had hoped would be a quick fix in our A/C. It wasn't. Sigh. I think I ran a few errands, and then I came home at around 2 or 3. I had found out that Anker had gotten a bit upset with the neighbours who were a bit loud, but they seemed to have (at least at the time) sorted things out. Seth and Naomi and K were coming for the weekend, so I ended up cleaning up the place, and I don't even remember what we did for supper. They came at around 9 or so, and we visited and they put the baby to bed, and we went to sleep (or rather, they did...I didn't sleep well at all).

Saturday, May 18: In the morning, Naomi and K and I went to the Farmers' Market (Seth worked until noon), and we met up with A and K, and their kids. We didn't spend a ton of time, as it was a bit cold, and Naomi wasn't feeling well (we found out later what it was, but I won't say it on here). We went to Starbucks, and then Seth met us, and the 4 of us (Anker stayed home) had dinner at a local Chinese food restaurant, and it was delicious! We spent the rest of the day visiting, and relaxing. N and I sat outside and visited, which was nice. If I can remember correctly, I think it is a bit of a cool-ish weekend, so we didn't spend a ton of time outside. Or, maybe it was nice, but I don't remember!

Her little face just kills me!


Sunday, May 19: Seth decided to take N to the hospital, and I took K to church, then to McD's. We had fun together, and I am SO GLAD that I spent time together, as that was the last time that I would see them for who knows how long now, as they are on to new adventures! Anyway, K and I had fun :)    I took a bazillion pictures, and even though it took her ages to warm up to me, she sure does love me now! She and Anker even had some fun times playing a few little games together! I dropped her off with her dad, and I took my respite friend and we grabbed a drink, and we watched a movie at her house. It was the new female Ghostbusters, which was ok, but kind of odd. We took a quick drive around the park, where we spotted LOTS of geese and their goslings! I dropped her off, and we had a nice evening (I think?) or rather, what was left of said evening.


Monday, May 20: I think Monday was a pretty chill day. I don't even remember what we did; I think  I watched TV/movies, and I probably read. I might have done laundry. We did run out for a few hours to grab a few things, and we went to Adam's, but they weren't home. We found Adam and the boy sin the park, where we visited for a few minutes. I think we just went home and had dinner, and I probably watched TV.

How was your Victoria/Memorial Day Longs Wknds?


1 comment:

Robyn said...

Cute pictures. :)

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...