Sunday, February 17, 2019

Peri-Menopause....#thestruggleisreal

Well, it is happening. It was bound to come sooner or later, and I was hoping that it would be later. I am going through The Change, and I am not happy about it. It started with my cycles being irregular, then this time last year, I had a 6 - 8 wk period, where, well, I was you-know-what. It wasn't pretty, y'all, and I was more than a little grumpy. Then, I started not been able to fall asleep, and lately, fl** has been heavy, or light...and sometimes a little longer than normal. My system has always been irregular, thanks to PCOS, but they got semi-regular when I got on the Pill (of which I am now off of). The last couple of years, however, they have become even less than "normal".

In a way, it makes me sad. It makes me feel "old". It makes me feel like that dream of having kids is definitely becoming even less than a dream than it was before. It makes me feel a bit lonely. Did I mention that it makes me feel old? I don't feel old (not mentally!), and I certainly don't feel like I am in my early 40's. Heck, I remember when 40 was old!! I remember when I was younger (in my 20's), and when someone said they were in menopause, I pictured an old lady...lol..now, I am her. Did I mention that it makes me feel sad?

When I told my doctor that I thought that I was starting Peri-menopause, he said that he didn't think so. He said that it was too early for me...but honestly, what does he know? I am pretty sure that I have it. I have all the symptoms. So, there's that :)

Anyway, I wanted to say that #thestruggleisreal, folks! And they say that this can go on for 15-20 years? Goody! I can hardly wait! Right now, it isn't so much a physical "struggle" as it is a more emotional/mental struggle. Like I said above, it is more realizing that the younger years are now behind me, and the older years are ahead of me. And yes, it is annoying having all of these "changes" happening. Things will be less predictable. I hear you can go a bit crazy, and you go through all sorts of emotions, too.

For those of you who have/are going through this, when did you start? How did you feel, or how are you currently feeling? Did you have any fears while you were going through it?


No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...