Sunday, February 3, 2019

My Word for this Year is.......

Well, it now February 3rd, and I posting about my word of the year....:) To be honest, I have never done a "word of the year" before. I don't even know on how or when these types of things got started...I would think because of Social Medea. Anyway....I thought that this year I would get on the fun; call it peer pressure, or wanting to "fit in". I actually wasn't going to join in this year...I  hadn't really felt a stirring, or a voice, or whatever on what my "word" for the year should be....how would I know?

Then a few weeks ago, I was remember that last time that I went to my church before Christmas, and I had a "word" come to me...and so I wondered if that would be "it", so I decided that maybe that would be my word for the year...that maybe that was to be my word.....so, here it is!

The word for the year is...COURAGE! I was singing in church the Sunday before Christmas, and I somehow had/heard the word courage in my heart and mind. I didn't (and still don't) know what it meant....maybe it was courage for this season of life...maybe it is courage to try something new, or to step out in faith. I have no clue. Or, maybe it doesn't mean anything. Maybe it is just simply to have courage in my every day life. I do lack courage in a lot of areas. I need to be bolder, stronger, and braver. I need more courage in my every day and non-every day life. (What is a "non-every day" life, anyway?) I think we all do. Courage is hard, folks! It takes courage to have courage, and to be courageous!

I am not an overly courageous person in most areas of my life. I think I am a courageous person in my every day life...but when it comes to the BIG things? Not so much. It has taken a lot of courage to  do the BIG things in my life; getting my drivers test, going back to school after being sick (that is a post for another day), even my first few years of life were courageous..or, maybe it was a miracle..or maybe a bit of both! There are a lot of areas in my life that I need courage to do....things that I have been stalling on doing for awhile. Things that are scary. Things that are messy. Things that are hard. Things that are new.

I like this quote from the "Cinderella" movie a few years back..."Have courage, and be kind". I love this verse from Joshua 1:6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them."


1 comment:

Robyn said...

Great word and I think God gave you that word and had you remember it for a reason! I had never heard of the word of the year either, until recently. I hadn't really thought of it, but one that's come to me often in the last few months is similar to yours: bravery. I was also never a brave person growing up and I sat out and made excuses to not try a lot of things out of fear. Fear of other people, looking silly, or of getting hurt. Since Emily was born, I got a lot braver/bolder because I want to be strong and show a good example for her, but also to encourage others. With God's help, I think we can both be courageous and brave in this coming year.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...