Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Hello? Is This On?

 Yes...I am here and alive!! I have not felt the blogging bug in months! MONTHS, Y'all!! I blame Covid!! Ha! Every time I have thought about blogging, well, it is just ends up as that...a thought. I even have gone to my Blogger Dashboard, to read blogs that I am following, in hopes of becoming inspired, but, no such luck! You would think that all this time off (more on that in a moment), I would have blogged TONS! Ya, no! I thought I would come on and do a bit of a LifeDate (Life Recap, etc) on us. I also had probably 19 (no lie) drafts (with titles only) in my draft section. That has no been widdled down to 9. My aunt has a great saying, "I am so far behind I'm ahead!", and I believe that that is true with this blog. I am seriously considering "rebranding" (whatever that means), and revamp this blog. I wish I could just hire someone to do a total "blog makeover", or "blogdate" and redesign it, but I don't have the fees for that right now. I don't even know if I should change what I talk/write about. I do kind of like being a general blogger; life, family, friends, design, beauty, recipes, etc. I tend to not follow bloggers who are hone on one or two things. That isn't the same with Instagram, though. I often follow design, beauty and food-only accounts. I heard that if you want to make in the Insta Biz, then you have to hone in on two or three things...I hope still TRYING to be an IG influencer, buuuuut, it's not working so well! Ha!!! I really want to try to be an Instagram/Blogging Influencer...Yah, I know...but a girl can dream, right?

Anyway...I have a few posts that I had hoped to write and publish, but I haven't gotten around to them yet, so I might either just talk about them in one post, or not worry about them. Or, I might do a small write up on each one (individually). We will see.


So...HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021! How has this year been treating you so far? We are a month away from "Covid-versary"; I can't believe that it has been a year since the world stopped. How have you all been holding up? Life in here in BC (or at least Kamloops) is I would say about 85% back to "normal". Most everything except churches (don't get me started on THAT!), and a restaurants are open. You have to have a mask on in EVERY public place (inside). It sucks! So, our churches are still "meeting" online, and I really do miss the interaction with people! My "bubble" has actually gone down since leaving work (more on that in a bit) in January.  I don't even spend time with Emily (neighbour) anymore. I only hang out with my friend's parents (and her when she is there), and her sister (who I do take out occasionally), and my brother and his wife, and their kids. Oh, and my brother, Isaac, who is in town, but he is moving back to the ranch soon, so I won't see him as much anymore. I see my parents VERY rarely...and we are always really careful, plus they live in the country; so I feel a bit "safer" when I am out there. Anyone else I hang with, we do it outside; either a walk or a socially distanced car visit :)

So...workdate: I had a job with Interior Health (our local Health Authority), and after a few weeks, I really wasn't sure if this was the job I wanted. I won't bore you with the details, but sufficient to say, I quit in early January. As someone that is in my 40s, Iam tired of being jobs where I get stressed out, don't feel supported, and I also felt that I wasn't doing a good job (they told me). A part of me really misses the job, but I enjoy not working right now. I know, I know..after 6 months of my "CovidVacation" "CovidCation", you would think that I would want to be working! I actually felt that I was burnt out (yes, I know..after only 4.5 months!); it was THAT kind of a job! It didn't help that I was working alone (the case workers were/are working from home); which in some ways was really nice, but in some ways, I felt really lonely. So, I have been looking for work; helping out my brother and his wife with looking after the boys, and doing a few other odds and ends. I gotta say, that I am not entirely sad about it! I am thankful that "my" library has stayed open (it opened back up in the summer for in patron use!), so I can come read, and look for work, etc. I KNOW that the Lord is looking out for us, and I know that HE is leading me to a job in HIS perfect timing! I have even thought about opening up my own business....we shall see...:) I was only at the job for 4 and a half months, from Sept to Jan, and with every job, I learned and grew, so, there you go!

In the Fall, we had "Fakesgiving" the weekend before the real Thanksgiving. This was when travel was "ok", and my brother and his family came and visited us from Vancouver Island. Anker was feeling horrible, so I went (I wasn't impressed) alone. It was great to see everyone, and we had a lovely time together.

Christmas was very quiet. I don't even remember what we did for Christmas Eve. Things were back in "lockdown", so there were no in person CE Services. I did work on CE for the first time in 4 years, and it felt odd, but it was kind of fun. Not sure what we did in the evening. I think I did some last minute shopping/gift organizing and Anker and I hung out together, and then he went to bed, and I sat in front of the "fire" in our living room. Anker and I opened our gift from his sister; which was so fun! We got hot chocolate bombs, a shirt for Anker, more oil for my diffuser chocolate, hand sanitizer, Starbucks Gift Card, and some hand warmers. Speaking of Starbucks Gift Cards...I sure made out like a bandit in that department this Christmas! I think I got over $100 in combination this year...and I still have money left on it! In all honesty, we both made out pretty good this year for gifts!!! We are really blessed!

Christmas Day, we went to my brothers for waffles. We had a lovely time, until Anker fell down their stairs on the way out! He wracked his shoulder, but he was in good spirits about it. We went to my parents' cabin, and we had one meal together, and we opened up our gifts together. Since I had to work the Tuesday, we came home on Monday. We had a lovely time, though. We visited, we walked, we played games, we did puzzles, we ate and we slept! 

New Years Eve, I spent with Emily watching movies. Anker and I went to bed at 11. We were SO tired! New Years Day, I think I went over to A and Ks. I don't even remember! Ha! It was THAT memorable!

All of Canada was in a polar Vortex last week. We are such wimps here, b/c we are not used to the cold. BUT, unlike some places in BC (and other places in the world), we are equipped to carry out life during winter. We have snow tires, chains, and our animals are bred to stand the cold winters. When VI gets winter, the whole island shuts down, as they are no equipped for ice and snow. Poor muffins. I always "laugh" (I know I shouldn't) when the few states that don't normally (TX, AR, AK, LA, OH, OK, we're looking at you!), experience winter, freak out when they get ice and a few flakes of snow! I actually do feel bad when there are accidents from people driving; they just have no clue how to drive on the ice and snow, as they aren't used to it. But then, I guess our Prairie friends are laughing at us when we are "cold"; they have been in the -30s and 40s for months! So, there you go! I know it is all relative! Stay warm, Southern Friends!!!

Anker and I had a "Covidcation" to my parents' cabin for a few days in Jan, and it was delightful! I went back alone for a "Solocation" and stayed in the same cabin, and I loved it!!! I would love to go back out there again when it warms up. When Anker and I went out, he helped my brother with a few things, so I had the place to myself for a few hours. We also watched the final season of Big Bang.

Valentine's Day and Family Day, we just hung out. I took the nephews a few little gifts, and they much appreciated them. Sunday evening, we had a nice dinner of tacos together and we watched there episodes of "THE CROWN". Yes, I got into the last week, thanks to my brother and his wife. We watched two episodes of season 4 together, so I decided to start on it. I thought Anker would like it, and he did, so at least we have something to watch together again. I feel like we watch VERY little together now, and that makes me sad. I did get a few gifts for Anker; my big gift to myself is getting my two wedding rings fixed and soddered together. Before Christmas, I looked down at my ring to notice that oe of the diamond was MISSING! I took it in to a few places; one place quoted me $800, and the other quoted me $300! You can guess which I place I went with. 

I have gone over to A and Ks a few times; I usually go a couple of times a week. We will watch a movie, or we will have a chat. It is nice to get out of the house. 

I am doing a couple of Social Media "games" this year. On Instagram, I an doing two Photo Prompts. Renae Photography and Fat Mumslim are two photo prompts that I am joining this year. I am also doing a "Travel"-like Question of the Day on FB. I try and do a QOTD relating to travel...I wouldn't say it is a super hit, but I have gotten some responses. I also only started the beginning of this month. This is FM's personal account: Chantelle; and this is her Blogging account Fat Mumslim.



Jan 31 was Omphalocele Awareness Day! I actually forgot all about it, until that night! Last year, I did a few facts about Os leading up to Jan 31, but this year, I wasn't as into it. I even forgot to wear black and white!

Jan 28 was Bell Let's Talk Day! This is a day to promote awareness for Mental Illness. I did a little blurb on my FB and twitter about that. 

I am trying to remember things that I have done that you find interesting....I went for a walk with a friend, and my Sushi Friend and I are still doing our monthly sushi dates; we just do them from our car now. Our Ladies Bible Study has started up, but I was at my brother's last night, so I didn't join. I will try to join next week.

I have no less than 50 devotionals that I am doing. No word of a lie! I have a problem! I am trying to read through the Bible, but that isn't working so well for me. I use and love the You Version Bible App, and I love getting Devos started, but the problem is that I don't always finish them! 

Aa for TV, all the shows are FINALLY back! Well, NA is coming back next month...but GA, The Good Doctor, The Resident, The Neighbo(u)hood, and Bob Hearts Abishola are all back! I also will watch various cooking and and HGTV shows. Quite often, I will record something, and then just not watch it. I will end up deleting almost everything that I have recorded. I also am watching Hallmark movies..I watched more than my fair share of Christmas HM movies; I watched Winterfest movies, and now I am watching "Love Ever After" movies; among others. As for Netflix; I will watch the odd movie on there, but other than "The Crown", I am not watching a lot. I stoped watching "Call the Midwife" after season 8, but I might start up again (I think it is on NF). Season 9 is about to air in Canada in March. I have heard interesting things about "Bridgerton", so I might start that. I think it is kind of like of "Outlander"and "Downton Abbey" had a baby :)

I have started briefly reading books again. I so far have read 3 books in the last month (umm..ok..maybe parts of three books!). I am back to magazines, but I hope to try to get back books soon!

I had to buy a new oil diffuser the other weekend. It is really pretty, and it does the job well, so there ya go! Anker tried to fix the old one, and he thought he had it going, but then it died again. Also, our microwave is almost ready to die. We noticed that it started zapping a few days ago, so I guess we will have to buy a new one. How one survives without a microwave is beyond me!

I still have my Christmas tree up; I turned it into a "winter tree". I must say that it is very lovely! And yes, I am still watching Xmas HM movies! 

Anker is trying to stay off wheat, gluten and yeast. It is harder than it looks, y'all!! So far we are not winning on the products that we have bought..well, maybe it's a tie! Some products are good, and some are horrible! Please pray for us!

I might start blogging for Fertility Matters again. I did that a few years ago, but I stopped, as I guess I wasn't following instructions! Ha! I reached out them again last week, and I asked, and they said that I have to email them. So, we shall see.

I find that I will go days without being on IG (either posting photos and stories, or viewing others), then I will be on I a lot. I know. It's weird. 

Have y'all seen my sock collection? Would you like to see my sock collection? I have a lot, y'all!

Anker made me some earrings, which he gave to me before and on Valentine's Day. They are so pretty!  Jewelry is his new thing now! Head on over to my IG to take a look!



I made cookies with my friend's sister last Thursday. They turned out well, but in all honesty, I am no a huge cookie fan. They can be sitting out, and they usually don't tempt me. I also made a Cookie Pizza Chocolate chip cookies with the boys (not on the same day!).

We also have a Fresh St MarketMarshall's, and Old Navy that have opened up here in town. I went to FSM three time; once with my brother, once with a friend, and once alone. I tried their Cronuts at the coffee bar, called Twisted Goat, and they are SO GOOD!!! 

I am sure there are a few things that I am missing, but I will stop now. I will try and update more than once every 5 months!!

I also have decided that my words for the year will be Brave, Preserver(once), and Risk :)

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Welcome back and glad to see things going pretty well. :)

The A Team said...

Thanks!!!

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...