Sunday, December 16, 2018

Five on Friday/Randoms

Here are some Friday Faves from the last while. I will try to keep them short and brief :)

1) Shoes
I bought some shoes from Value Village a couple of weeks ago, and I really like them. Well, I love one pair. The other pair? Not so much! I wore them to my work Christmas party, and it did not go well! At least they were pretty! I might sell them, or I might keep them for when I need a fun pair of shoes. I really love the other pair, though!
               I love these boots! These shoes below? Not so much! But don't they look pretty?

2) Christmas (plans, movies, parties, decorating, baking, etc)
I actually decorated our tree a couple of weeks ago! We also bought some more ornaments today, so we put some of those on the tree. I went to another party that we girls had. 3 of us were missing, but we four had fun. I had fun at our work Christmas party last wknd. There was fun, food, laughter, and spitting crickets (dude, it's a thing!). The party was over by 8:30. #christianspartyhard I also started (finally!) doing some baking this weekend! I of course, have watched a million Christmas movies!! Our plans this year involve going to Victoria to see Anker's sister and her family. She found us an awesome deal (well, an awesome deal would be for 10$, but it is close enough!), as we don't want to drive, and the bus service since Greyhound closed down is a bit dicey. We are going for 4 days, and we are looking forward to it! There have been a few girls' parties, as well. I think I have blogged about them, but 4 of us girls got together this last Thursday. We had appies, and we watched a movie, called Book Club. It was hilarious!

3) New Owners of our Complex
We have new owners of our apartment complex! We were a bit worried as who would buy it, but we found out WHO bought it, well, we were pretty happy! The owners are actually semi-related to me! The want to keep the place as is, and not demolish it...nor raise the rent..Yay!

4) Hypoxy Rear Defrost thing working
Late last winter (or early spring), the connector to our rear defroster on our car went. Anker found something online that would work. It never came. Well, it took about 4,000 phone calls to PayPal and to Canada Post, and lo and behold, it came! He put it on the next morning, and it worked!!! We said a few prayers that day, y'all!

5) Not getting sick
While everyone at work has been sick with some sort of plague, I thankfully haven't gotten it! I know I still could, so I will not be smug, but to be honest, I am really surprised that I haven't gotten it yet!

6) Dates with Anker
Anker and I went out on American Thanksgiving evening. We were only going to go for coffee (which we also did!), but then went to Denny's for dinner. I had to the Turkey Dinner, and it was actually pretty good!!! It was nice to spend some time together. Then, yesterday, we ran an errand, and then grabbed coffee on our way home. Last weekend, we decorated the tree, and then we had brunch in front of the tree, while we watched Christmas Chronicles. It was cute!

7)) Grant Mullen Wknd
One weekend in October, I went to my parents'. The churches in town were co-hosting a speaker named Dr. Grant Mullen. He is a doctor from Ontario, who now specializes in mental health. I went all day Saturday, and I really enjoyed it. I also got his book, and Mom bought me a dvd.


8) Socials /Snack/Secret Santa(work)
We have socials (coffee/snack/drinks out) once a month. I didn't go to the last one, but I will probably go to the one this week. It is fun to go and hang out with my colleagues, have some laughs, and just relax at the end of the day. We also have snack day one a month (they sometimes happen on the same day!), which is kind of fun! We have lots of fun goodies, and it makes packing my lunch a bit easier (less food to take!). We also had our 2nd annual secret santa at work. It is completely optional to be involved, but I would say about half of us do. I know it's a bit more $ (not super expensive gifts, but it does add up), but it is fun, and it helps to get to know our co-workers a bit more.
 The gifts started coming in on Monday, and I wasn't sad about it. Below is a teacher gift from one of the students.
                           I think this was Day 2 of our Secret Santa. I got chocolates. Yum!!!


9) Senior (and our own) light tours
I went out with a friend to our city's light show last Thursday. It was good, but I could have covered more ground if I had driven myself. It was nice not to have to worry about (not) driving off the road while looking at the lights. After the tour, we went downtown, where we had coffee/hot chocolate and goodies, and listened to a Rube Band play. I was home SUPER late, so was a tad annoyed..oh well. At least I could say that I have gone, now. A week or so prior, my friend and I drove around (after getting coffee from McD's) looking at the Christmas lights. I had fun driving around looking at everyone's lights!

10) Two Party Weekend
The Remembrance Day Long Wknd, I went to TWO parties on ONE night! Can you believe it? You would think I was 35, or something! Our friend's bday was on the 10th, so we went to a Chinese place, and it was so good! After we were done, I went over to my other friend's place for a couple of hours, as she was having her bday party, and she had invited me. I wasn't sure if I was going to go, but I ended going for a bit, and I had a fun time!

11) The Grinch
I saw the new Grinch movie a couple of weekends ago. I liked it.

12) Baby, It's Cold Outside
I am glad this song is back on the air. Really, people have WAY too much time on their hands and over think, sometimes!

13)No snow
I am happy that it hasn't snowed yet! I really do dislike winter driving!!

14) Winter wear
I finally took out our winter wear the other wknd. It has been fairly cold on and off the last couple of weeks. It had to be done!

15) Kraft Lime Dressing
Y'all, if you haven't tried toe Kraft Lime Dressing yet, you should! It is devine!

16) Christmas Concert
Our school's Christmas concert is this week. I will be going, as moral support :) It should be a fun and crazy time!!

17) Being an Aunty Again
I have been sitting on this news for awhile, but I am going to be an aunty again! My brother Luke, and his wife are going to have baby #3 in the spring!! N is 6, and L is almost 4! We are all so happy for them, as they have had some miscarriages, which has been very heartbreaking for them.

18) Advent Bible Reading
I have been slowly been reading some of the Advent readings. I have about 10, including one that I started last year.

19) Placement Cards
I have also decided to open up an Etsy shop, for clearly, I have missed my calling. I was asked to make placement cards for our work party last wknd, and Y'all, they were epic!



20) No Payment on my SL for a few months
No payment on my SL for the next few months, which makes us very happy! We are going to be really short on funds for the next couple of months, as we found out that Anker won't get his full disability cheque next week, and won't get any in January. Not sure on how we we will manage, but we will somehow.

21) Pinterest ideas for school
I am pretenting that I am a teacher, and going online to find a few ideas to keep the kids occupied for the next week or so. I am happy that I found two Bingo Games, a couple of Booklets (including a memory game), and a few crafts :) If you want to find a relatively easy craft, go here to check it out! It is a Christmas Tree craft. You can decorate it with whatever you want! I found a few things from the dollar store, and they worked really well (small pom-poms, sticky "jewels", sticky "gifts", etc). Go here for some free Bingo printable!

22) Steeped Tea Party
I had/held an online Steeped Tea party last week, and I didn't think that I was going to get the host (or any other) gift, and sure enough, at the last minute, some orders came in, so I was able to get a ton of stuff!!!





No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...