Sunday, July 8, 2018

Five on Friday

Hope all my USA friends had a wonderful 4th! This last week seems to have been busy! I have been cleaning and purging! It actually feels good! I bought two $4 laundry baskets from Wal-Mart the other day, as one of my was nearly broken. I had only had it for a year.

 I threw my old stereo out the other day. It didn't work well anymore, I didn't have much room on my dresser, and I didn't use it much. I bought these baskets at the dollar store for a few bucks each, and I LOVE them, and how they/it looks!!! I guess these could have gone in my 5 on Friday :) Oh well!!!
I also cleaned out my cupboards and my movies and a few books (I need to go through and throw out/give away even more). Some of them are going to be sold on the auction sites...and some I will just away.

Here are some faves:

1) Rain

We had a RAINY Canada Day weekend last wknd, and other than it being cold (I was at my parents'), I wasn't entirely sad about it. We need it, especially after the fires that we had last year. I think that we are all a little less complain-y about it, as we do not want a repeat of last year. I won't lie, it was COLD, though. I think it rained worse in Kamloops, than it did at the ranch. Oh well...it was a perfect excuse to stay in and read :) Saturday, was actually not that bad. Mom was able to get some gardening in, just before the big rains hit.

2) Time Away (again)

I decided to run off again for a few days to my parents'. Anker stayed home to look after Kitty and the garden. It was a good wknd. We had a lovely potluck dinner Sunday night with family and friends. The rain held off for a good part of the day (the rainiest day was Saturday, and parts of Monday).

3) Maple Kettle Corn Popcorn Topper/Epicure Spices (yes, more!)

Ya'll, I am sad that you don't have Epicure in the States. This stuff is SO GOOD!! For all of my Canadian friends who do not know what it is? Umm....you should! I have friends who live/d on VI, who had NO CLUE what it was....sadness! That would be like us not knowing what Frest is Best is! They are a delicious spice company. They have food spices, popcorn toppers, fruit dip.....ALL THE THINGS! I am sure that they deliver to the States :) I actually got the topper awhile back, and I hadn't tried it until the other day. YUM!!! I also got some more spices, bc, hello...I always need more spices!



4) Belated Birthday Gifts

My sister gave me some wonderful BC Jade earrings that she got while she was in PG a few weeks back. They are small but I love them!!! My Sister in Law gave me some wonderful bday gifts last wknd!!




5) Time with Family

Mom and I went for a couple of walks together, and we went on an errand run. We also sat and read magazines together. Vienna and I went for lunch on Monday, and we had a great time!!
We each ordered the same thing :) It was SO GOOOOOOD!

Linking up with :















No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...